Online courses have quickly become one of my favorite methods for serving a niche audience. When you create an online course, you can:
- Focus on a specific topic and explore it deeply, much more so than a single blog post or podcast can cover.
- Employ a variety of teaching methods, including video, audio, text, and exercises like worksheets.
- Ask your students to complete homework that reinforces your teaching.
- Foster a deeply engaged community around your course’s subject.
- Set up a passive income stream that allows you to determine your level of engagement.
- Charge a premium price for a quality learning experience.
Creating a great course worthy of a premium price requires that you make a solid investment in time and effort up front, but when done properly, it allows you to build a solid passive income stream for your business.
The tutorials below will help you get started. Smart Passive Income Podcast 136 with David Siteman Garland is one of my most popular episodes. David walks you through the entire course creation process, from topic selection to launch.
If your concern is pricing, listen to Smart Passive Income Podcast 222 with Ramit Sethi. Ramit is a master at pricing, and he will teach you how to match your course’s price to your target audience.
Once your course has been created and priced, you need to sell it. On Smart Passive Income Podcast 137, Amy Porterfield teaches you how to use three specific videos to boost your sales, especially through platforms like Facebook.