Every month I get a handful of emails from artists—painters, crafts people, musicians, and actors—who are looking to create a reliable stream of income online by selling their artwork over the Internet.
Selling art, however, is not easy and something that I have yet to experience myself, which is why I'm excited to welcome Cory Huff from The Abundant Artist to the show.
Cory's blog and mission is to help all types of artists understand how to use the Internet to help them sell their artwork and start a business. More importantly, he helps empower artists to take charge of their art business and to not let others dictate whether or not their work is good enough to be sold.
One of the negative aspects of art school, Cory explains, is that they don't talk about how once you graduate, you're on your own and you have to adapt an entrepreneurial mindset. As an artist, you're also a business person. If you don't come to this conclusion yourself, you won't be able to share your art with those who may benefit from experiencing it, and you won't have the money to create more of it.
Whether you consider yourself an artist or not, there's golden information within this episode that will surely help take your online business to the next level.
Artists! Where Are You?!
If you're an artist of any kind (or perhaps you're friends with an artist who may benefit from listening to this episode and introducing themselves to the rest of the SPI community), please leave a comment in this post, introduce yourself and the artwork that you create, and feel free to leave one link (just one!) to a gallery or somewhere where the rest of us can catch a glimpse of the art that you produce.
You can be a painter, sculptor, musician, actor or actress—any type of artist, I'd love for you to connect with each other here in the comment section, and I think it would be pretty awesome (and inspiring!) for everyone to see what everyone else is doing and creating!
I so look forward to seeing your art!
Have a Question? Ask Pat!
My new daily podcast, AskPat, features a voicemail question from someone in the SPI audience, and my answer, every single day!
Cory Huff from The Abundant Artist is with us today to share how artists and creatives can generate an income online.
- The first steps an artist should take to sell their artwork online.
- The easiest, most dead simple way to get started selling your artwork online.
- The battle inside your head with going pro and selling out.
- How much money some artists are making online (including some of Cory's clients) and what’s really normal.
- What it takes to get to the higher dollar amount when selling your creativity and art online.
- How does an artist specifically start to build an audience of raving fans?
- How actors and musicians can sell their creativity online too.
- Specific strategies to help artists find out who their “target collector” is.
- Where most sales of art pieces happen online.
- The story behind elf coats.
- Why artists and podcasts are a winning combination.
- The reason why artists have a hard time doing business, and what artists can do to overcome that challenge.
- Plus more!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.