In this session of The Smart Passive Income Podcast, I'm really excited to bring you another online business success story from someone who is generating over six-figures a year in an niche completely outside of the how to blog, how to make money online or the how to become an entrepreneur space.
In fact, when I first heard her story, I was blown away by what she's been able to accomplish in the market that she's serving.
What niche are we talking about?
There are 78 tarot cards that make up a deck and each card has a different image or illustration that represents some kind of meaning or situation in a person's life. Tarot readers are the experts who draw the cards for a person and tell that person what the cards mean, but Brigit from Biddy Tarot is much more than just a tarot reader – she's a tarot businesswoman.
Brigit does a much better job of explaining what tarot cards are and how they work on the show, but what's interesting is that there's a movement of people who are using tarot cards as a means of personal development, and Brigit is capitalizing on that movement.
Virtual tarot readings are just a small percentage of her overall business plan. Her business is diverse with eBooks, courses and master classes and she not only helps those who are interested in getting readings done, but she's also helping other tarot readers get more business too.
There are a lot of gold nuggets throughout this entire interview, and a lot of them are related to one thing that I wanted to point out before you get started:
That's a word that you'll hear a lot in this interview, and it's important because experimentation, trial, and error is exactly how entrepreneurs are born, and how they take their ideas, their business and life to the next level.
Thank you Brigit!
If you enjoyed this episode and have 3 seconds, please click on the link below to thank Brigit on Twitter!
Leave Me a Voicemail!
Every once and a while, I'll be recording podcast episodes that are completely driven and made up of questions asked by you, so if you have any questions that you'd like potentially answered on the show, simply record a voicemail over on my Speakpipe Page.
Help Out the Show!
And lastly, if you haven't done so already I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick rating and honest review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show and I'm aiming for 1000 5-star ratings before the end of the year!
We are currently at 998! Only 2 more to go!
Thank you for listening, and I hope you enjoyed this session! Please let me know what you think in the comment section below.
Brigit from Biddy Tarot
In today's episode, I'm talking with Brigit from Biddy Tarot about her successful six-figure per year tarot reading business.
- The thing that happened in 2009 that gave her the push to turn her tarot hobby site into a business.
- The mindset shifts she made when she decided to turn go from hobby to part time business, and then part time business to full-time.
- A little bit about tarot cards and the current trends that she’s capitalizing on.
- How Brigit is incorporating webinars and courses into her tarot business.
- Why selling a course before creating the content is better.
- Pricing strategies and thoughts on “pricing too low” vs. “pricing too high”.
- How to position an book so it’s more than “just a book” and have a higher perceived value.
- The challenge of creating an affiliate program in a “hobby” type niche.
- The 20% that’s generating 80% of Brigit’s results.
- Struggles Brigit encountered along the way.
- Plus a whole lot more!
- Biddy Tarot: Brigit’s Tarot Website
- SPI Podcast Session #37 with Lain Ehmann
- SPI Podcast Session #40 with Fraser Cain
- The Ultimate Guide to Tarot Card Meanings
- Tarot Foundations: 31 Days to Read Tarot in Confidence
- Podcasting A to Z by Cliff Ravenscraft (use coupon code SMART at checkout for $500 off!)
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.