We're doing something different today on the Smart Passive Income Podcast. Dane Maxwell is back on the show for his third time, but he's not the guest—I am!
As many of you know, I recently started something new in my approach to passive income: software. It's been an exciting process, and I wanted to share with you why I decided to create a software business, how I did it, and what my results have been so far.
As someone who's had huge success with his own software business, Dane's the perfect host for this episode—not to mention the fact that he was my guest on the most downloaded episode ever. He's here now to help me break down every step in my process and, hopefully, answer the questions you might have about venturing into the world of software.
And this isn't just about software—Dane's framework applies to building any kind of business from scratch. Tune in, and have fun hearing Dane put me in the hot seat!
A quick note from Pat: The Foundation, which is Dane's program, is brought up here in this episode. I am not a part of this program myself, and I am not an affiliate for his program, should you choose to participate. I've had many SPI listeners go through his program and enjoy it. It's not for everyone but for some it's just what they needed.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining me again this week! Have a comment or some feedback you'd like to share? Let me know in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
A special thank you to Dane for joining me again and asking such incredible questions. Until next time!
Dane Maxwell is back on the show for his third time, but he's not the guest—I am!
- Dane's framework for building any business from scratch.
- What sparked my idea to explore software.
- Why you don't need to be a software developer to launch a software business.
- How to identify the perfect problem for your product to solve.
- Strategies for validating your product before you start to sell.
- How to find the right developer for your software.
- How to build the right customer service strategy.
- What to do when it's time to expand your product and your business.
- Clear-cut figures on the cost of my software venture, and more!
- The Foundation
- SPI Podcast Session #46 & Session #85 – Dane Maxwell
- SPI Podcast Session #82 – Carl Mattiola
- SPI Podcast Session #138
- SPI Podcast Session #122 – Shane and Jocelyn Sams
- SPI Podcast Session #84 – Derek Halpern
- Smart Podcast Player
- AskPat Podcast
- Hal Elrod
- The Miracle Morning [Amazon affiliate link]
- Dan Corkill
- Followup Boss
- Link to Older Version of This Podcast Episode (before re-recording)
Enter SPI in “How'd you hear about us” for a 30-day free trial!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.