I've got a truly special episode this week—one that I hope will be a huge game-changer for a lot of you. This episode is all about productizing your service-based business.
A productized service takes a skill you already provide and allows it to run systematically, growing with or without your direct involvement. It's what the passive income lifestyle is all about. Productizing your service can free you from the classic freelance model, where you bill by the hour. When you productize, you're no longer limited by the number of hours you can feasibly work. Exciting, right?
With me this week is productization all-star Brian Casel, founder of Casjam.com. If you're curious how to go about productizing your service, what service you should choose, or what's worked for others, Brian has answers for you. He's drawing on his own experience as a web developer to bring you advice for delegating, streamlining, and standardizing your service.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
A huge thank-you to Brian for joining me this week. Until next time!
With me this week is productization all-star Brian Casel, founder of Casjam.com. If you're curious how to go about productizing your service, Brian has answers for you.
- Brian's 3-step process for productizing your service.
- How to know if productizing is right for you.
- The importance of focusing on one thing.
- Guidelines for choosing the perfect service to productize.
- Tools for documenting your procedures and streamlining your workflow.
- Tips for hiring outside help for specialized jobs.
- How to price your new service.
- Inspirational examples of successful productized services.
- A free email crash course on productizing, and more!
- Productize Cheat Sheet
- Productize course (coupon code spi2015)
- Restaurant Engine
- Bootstrapped Web podcast
- WP Curve
- Smart Passive Income Episode 134 – Common WordPress Mistakes with Dan Norris
- Sweet Process
- Rhino Support
- Smart Passive Income Episode 153 – Systematizing and Productive Workflow with Mindy Holahan
- Smart Passive Income Resources
- Odesk (now called Upwork)
- Elance (now called Upwork)
- Authentic Jobs
- ProBlogger.net job board
- Nick Disabato's Draft Revise
- Philip Morgan's My Content Sherpa
- Jarrod Drysdale's Landing Page In a Day
- Craig Hewitt's Podcastmotor.com
Get 2 free audiobooks (including Let Go!)
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.