In this session of The Smart Passive Income Podcast, we have Tim Ferriss on the show!
Tim is a two-time, #1 New York Times Best-Selling Author with his books The 4-Hour Work Week and The 4-Hour Body, and he recently came out with the third book in his “4-hour trilogy” titled The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning anything and Living the Good Life.
Tim seems to be everywhere these days to promote his new book. Just check out the PR/Web summary for week 1 of the launch—it's insane! Of course, I'm more than happy to include the SPI blog and podcast in his promotional efforts, but for this particular interview I wanted to touch on more than just his new book. I wanted to talk about all of his books, especially The 4-Hour Work Week, which most of my audience is familiar with.
I ask him several questions (many inspired by you!) about each of his books and as always, Tim delivers the goods.
Like I mention on the show, it kills me that I couldn't ask Tim more questions, but I really enjoyed interviewing Tim and I hope you enjoyed the interview too! If you haven't yet picked up your copy of The 4-Hour Chef, you can get it by clicking here!
Congratulations to the winners of the free copies of The 4-Hour Chef that I was giving away: Ryan, Naomi, JP, Marjorie, Neel, Liz and Greg. I've sent you all emails already.
And finally, please subscribe to the podcast using the link below to get updated when the latest podcast episode goes live! The upcoming podcast episodes feature regular people who have built successful online businesses outside of the make money online, business and blogging space. It's always great to learn from the masters like Tim, but it's great to learn from people who are unknown and killing it too.
Also, you can click on the link below to leave a rating and review of the show on iTunes, which helps a ton!
Thanks again for your support! Stay safe, stay warm and stay productive!
In this session, Tim and I discuss archery for a little bit. He gives me some tips for my first lesson, which was a birthday gift from my awesome wife! I took my first lessons on December 12th and Tim's tips totally helped out! Here's some pics from the lesson:
Of course, there was a lesson from a professional at this venue who helped a lot, and this cluster (the green and brown feathered arrows) was one of my last rounds. The first sets were…not quite as tight. 🙂
Tim Ferriss joins me today to talk about his latest book, The 4-Hour Chef.
- The true meaning and purpose behind Tim's “4-Hour” series of books.
- How much work and exactly what he did to promote The 4-Hour Work Week with no following whatsoever, and how we could possibly replicate his success.
- Tim's thoughts on what in The 4-Hour Work Week should be updated, since the most recent update was 3 years ago.
- What super rats are and what (not-so-fun) incident happened when he tried to become one.
- Tim's advice on eating well, staying in shape and meeting income goals when you have a family, kids and a mortgage and other responsibilities that will absorb time and money.
- Why he uses food and cooking as a vehicle to teach about accelerated learning (meta-learning).
- Different strategies for meta learning, including how one could use his strategies for things that may seem more intangible (unlike cooking, a sport or language), such as marketing.
- Tim's thoughts on where publishing is headed and some thoughts on the boycott of his books in major book stores, including Barnes and Noble.
- Where Tim makes most of his money.
- What's next for Tim and the 4-hour series of books, and more!
- The 4-Hour Work Week [Amazon affiliate link]
- The 4-Hour Body [Amazon affiliate link]
- The 4-Hour Chef [Amazon affiliate link]
- The 12 Lessons Learned Marketing The 4-Hour Body
- 1000 True Fans by Kevin Kelly of Wired Magazine
- South by Southwest Interactive
- Blog World Expo (now known as New Media Expo)
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing
- Internet Business Mastery
- Derek Halpern's Interview with Tim Ferriss
- Benny Hsu from GetBusyLiving.com
- How to Create a Million Dollar Business This Weekend (by Noah Kegan of AppSumo)
- Pareto's Law
- Parkinson's Law
- Scientific Advertising by Claude C. Hopkins (PDF)
- Lift (iPhone Application)
- Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott [Amazon affiliate link]
- How to Build a High-Traffic Blog Without Killing Yourself
- On Writing by William Zinsser [Amazon affiliate link]
- On Writing Well by Stephen King [Amazon affiliate link]
- Letters from a Stoic [Amazon affiliate link]
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.