In this session of The Smart Passive Income Podcast, I talk about what it's like to try and maintain a balanced life, one that involves an expanding family and trying to get things done in my business at the same time.
In three words: it's not easy.
I get a lot of emails a lot about how I prioritize things and share my attention between family and work, and since the recent birth of our baby daughter I figured now was a better time than ever to address some of these things.
I wish I could tell you there was a magic formula one could follow to easily maintain a well-balanced life, but I'm still looking for that formula myself. But, because of some very conscious decisions I've made I've been able to make progress in my businesses while still being there as a father and a husband.
It all comes down to priorities and understanding whether or not our actions reflect what's important to us.
I don't share all of this to tell you how to live—we are all living different lives and I don't have a right to tell you what you should do, but I share my experiences only because I feel that you might be able to learn from them, one way or another. That's really what this blog is all about—this podcast just gets into the why of what we do instead of the how, although I do talk about a few specific strategies that I use.
But, the how doesn't really matter if there's no why to drive it.
Video of My Office Where I Started My Online Business
Here's the video I mentioned in the blog about my home office back in 2009:
Click here to watch on YouTube.
A Just-for-Fun Video
I didn't mention this video in the podcast, but I added it here just for fun. I shot this by throwing a GoPro Hero cam into the air in my backyard. I hope you enjoy:
Thank you for letting me get personal with you in today's podcast session and sharing our joy in the birth of our daughter. Thank you for over 2,000,000 podcast downloads and thank you for listening to the show!
Please subscribe below to the podcast to get automatic updates for your device:
- About our new baby daughter and how she's changing our lives.
- The one thing that has helped me the most to make sure I get great work done, but also enjoy the time I spend with my family.
- A work-related item that I am ashamed of and was totally my own fault.
- Several struggles that I've encountered as a work-at-home entrepreneur.
- Multiple strategies for separating work-mode from non-work-mode.
- Why your first priority should always be you.
- My top business priorities and how that leads to income generation.
- The most important thing to remember when it comes to living a 100% balanced life all of the time.
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.