In this session of the Smart Passive Income Podcast I'm extremely excited to share my 3rd ANNUAL Passive Income Report!
I have a ton of information to share and because the SPI podcast had such a huge impact on my business in 2011, I thought it was quite appropriate to try something different and share my 2011 income report results on the show.
If you're not into audio or maybe you don't have access to a player right now, don't worry—the transcript is already available for you at the bottom of this post. 🙂
Either way, I'm sure you'll enjoy not only hearing (or reading) about how much each of my businesses have earned, but also the important lessons I've learned along the way.
As with any of my income reports, I publicly share this information for a number of different reasons:
- To help myself track my progress and hold myself accountable for the work that I do.
- To be transparent and authentic about what I do, which I feel is the only way to be if one is talking about making money online.
- To inspire.
It's important to mention, however, that even though I know the numbers are pretty shocking (and even I was shocked after adding everything up from last year)—making money online is definitely not an overnight thing and it's definitely not easy.
In order to succeed, you have to know that behind 99.99% of all successful online businesses, including my own, is a lot of time, hard work, dedication, failures, and most importantly a huge desire to help other people—and not just a few people, but as many people as possible.
The truth is, most people who attempt to make money online will fail.
But that's the thing—you can't be like most people in order to succeed. It's ridiculously easy to get lost in the crowd, which usually happens by following it.
Don't follow the crowd—lead it.
For convenience, I've included a quick breakdown of my income report below so you don't have to go and find it in the audio or transcript. I've used clicktale before to see how people view my income reports, so I know that most usually scroll down to the bottom and look at the numbers first before reading anything else. 😉
- GreenExamAcademy.com: $37,762.41
- SecurityGuardTrainingHQ.com: $14,497.86
- eHow.com: ~$1,300.00
- iPhone Applications: $52,484.12
- Coaching and Consultations: $31.401.30
- Affiliate Marketing (for various products): $272,371.19
- Other: $3,523.96
- GROSS TOTAL: ~$413,340.84
- EXPENSES: (~$70,000.00)
- NET TOTAL: $343,340.84
An incredible, incredible year! And if you haven't listened to the show or read the transcript yet I highly recommend you do so. To me, the lessons learned are much more important than the numbers in the income report, and I do talk a lot about my affiliate income and what's happening there.
Please subscribe to the podcast using the links below!
Thank you again for making 2011 an incredible, life-changing year. Your support—whether you're a hardcore fan and you share every single piece of content I put out, or you're just quiet and behind the scenes kind of person—it doesn't matter—you're important to me and in 2012 I will continue to give back to the community by providing as much quality information as possible to help you and your online business or blog get to the next level.
Thank you again, and here's to you and an amazing 2012! We're almost a quarter of the way through already!
- Being Everywhere: My Presentation at Blog World Expo 2011 in LA
- How to Stand Out of the Crowd: My Presentation at the Financial Bloggers Conference
- Stand and Deliver by Dale Carnegie Training [Amazon affiliate link]
- Ted Presentations at Ted.com
- The Niche Site Duel
- Bluehost Domain and Hosting
- iPhone App Success Story with Benny Hsu
- Conversion Strategies with Derek Halpern
- Social Triggers
- Entrepreneurs Journey
- Lazy Man and Money
- Green Exam Academy
- My Resources Page on SPI
- Dedicated Hosting: Servint.net
- Virtual Staff Finder: Where I Found my Full-time VA
- SPI Session #18 with MJ DeMarco
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.