Making an income online is like building a relationship, and like any relationship it takes time to earn trust. One of the ways to do that is through video marketing, which is why I have Sean Cannell on the show with me today—video marketing is his superpower! He's earned notoriety through a couple of channels on YouTube like Video Influencers and Think Media. Today we're talking about how you can use YouTube to grow your brand and influence online and how to successfully monetize your channel (apart from plain old AdSense).
Sean's been a huge inspiration for me in getting my channel to over 100,000 subscribers. Today we're diving deep into some of the strategies that he uses to harness the power of YouTube—how to monetize, how to ensure that your content gets the most possible plays and subscriptions, and how to strike brand deals that are profitable for you and helpful to your audience. If you've ever considered getting a channel up and running on YouTube—and Sean definitely thinks you should—this is the episode for you!
If you want to go deeper on some of this stuff with Sean, Think Media will teach you tips and tools for building your influence with video as well as information about cameras, lighting, and other gear. His other channel, Video Influencers, is a weekly interview show with people who are killing it with video on YouTube—that one's more on the strategy side of the platform. If you want an over-the-shoulder look at a lot of what we talked about today, go to Sean's site, TubeInfluence.com.
If you want to watch the episode of Tactics in a Tesla that Sean was featured on (on my YouTube channel), here it is!
I don't know if you've been seeing my emails, but I've been doing a bunch of live trainings recently. Every month I have a new one where you can ask me questions live—you can sign up for free. Just head over to SmartPassveIncome.com/live to sign up. You can register there and see when my next training will be. I'm doing trainings on everything from affiliate marketing to podcasting—even trainings about how you can build your brand from the ground up.
Next week we're talking to a friend of mine, Dan Andrews, who was on the show back when it was still in double digits. We'll be talking about one of the most important conversations you need to have with yourself, about why you're doing what you're doing with your business. Dan sold his business, and spoiler alert, it didn't go how he wanted it to. We'll see what we can learn from him next week—see you then!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Sean Cannell for joining me this week. Until next time!
Learn how to harness the power of YouTube to create cashflow, build your brand, and grow your reach.
- Why you should take advantage of the power of YouTube right now.
- How to successfully monetize your YouTube channel through affiliate marketing.
- Why YouTube is so powerful compared with platforms like Facebook and Snapchat.
- How to create product review videos that drive more clicks and subscribers on YouTube.
- What brand deals are and how you can use them to monetize and drive traffic to your channel.
- Why Sean shies away from brand deals for his product reviews.
- Why you should be willing to say no to brand deals, and how to negotiate.
- Why “time on platform” is a crucial metric for YouTube and how to adjust your strategy toward it.
- Why building an audience on YouTube is like dating, and more!
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Video Influencers
- Think Media
- “Gift Ideas for Him”
- Amazon Associates
- Chalene Johnson
- Tactics in a Tesla: How to Grow Your YouTube Channel & Business with Sean Cannell
- Video Ranking Academy