In this session of The Smart Passive Income Podcast, I'll be sharing my thoughts about the power of the email list—specifically why they are absolutely crucial for any online business or brand to have, how to start building one and what you can do to maximize the number of subscribers who sign up for your list.
This particular session is Part 1 of 2 because I didn't even realize how much I had to say until I noticed that at the 35 minute mark, I didn't even get into what happens after a subscriber signs up! Everything in this session is what happens before that point, which is still incredibly important because a person isn't going to read any one of your emails until they've opted into your list.
In Part 2 of this series, I'll be talking about everything that happens after the point at which a person subscribes to your list, from tips on what to put in your emails, all the way through the autoresponder sequence, broadcasting strategies, increasing open rates and even how to read some of the analytics of the emails you've sent out.
I can't wait to talk about everything that happens after a person subscribes to your list, which is really the meat and potatoes of email marketing, but I definitely couldn't skip over all of this incredibly important stuff that happens prior to sign-up.
Look out for Session #45 within a week or so.
Thank you for the 534 5-star reviews on iTunes! Each one of them makes a huge difference and keeps pushing me forward.
Cheers, and all the best to you!
Please subscribe below to the podcast to get automatic updates for your device:
- Why I highly dislike the phrase “the money is in the list”, and what I think an email list should be used for.
- 5 reasons why a building an email list is mandatory if you're building any kind of audience online.
- How NOT to waste your time and energy building an email list.
- What subscribing to an email list is like from a subscriber's point of view.
- The 3 most important things to consider when placing opt-in forms on your site.
- The number one page on your site that you should be putting an opt-in form. Chances are, you're not.
- My thoughts about popups, and they're not all bad…
- Everything you need to know about offering a bonus to those who join your list, and more!
- CAN-SPAM Act Information
- Why I Switched from Mailchimp to Aweber (ThinkTraffic.net)
- Derek Halpern Critiques The SPI Blog (video)
- Social Triggers (for Halpern Header)
- Viperchill.com with Glen Allsop
- Opt-In Skin Review and Bonus Offer
- My eCover Maker
- Cover Action Pro (for Photoshop users)
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.