This month is affiliate marketing month, and we've covered a lot of ground so far. We've talked about strategies—long and short term—and last week we even talked about the dark side of affiliate marketing and how to avoid it. But this week we're keeping it a little lighter: I'm sharing my top performing affiliate marketing products (that aren't mine) and breaking down exactly why they've performed so well.
These products are all fantastic tools that I've recommended over the years. They've all done well for various reasons, but there are some common threads. These patterns fall right in line with a lot of the rules we've talked about, as far as how to win with affiliate marketing. These are great case studies that really embody what we've been talking about for the last couple of weeks.
This episode is all about the personal experience I've had putting my affiliate marketing strategies into practice. Each of these affiliate products succeeded as a result of careful strategizing and planning. A lot of the strategies that I'll be explaining here could seriously boost your own affiliate marketing success, so get out your notebook or note-taking app, and let's get started!
If you want to go even deeper, check out my brand-new course, 1•2•3 Affiliate Marketing, which launches on Monday. You can sign up for the waitlist at 123AffiliateMarketing.com. And if you want to check out a free (yes, free!) affiliate marketing resource in the meantime, Affiliate Marketing the Smart Way will walk you through the more foundational affiliate marketing strategies you should use.
Thanks to our episode sponsor, Ahrefs, we have a contest this week! Register to win a free annual account (a $3,990 package!) by answering the following question in the comment section below: What is the one thing in your business that you are most grateful for right now? Leave your answer below for a chance to win. To start your free trial today, go to Ahrefs.com. I'll pick my favorite comment from all entries; contest closes on December 7, 2017 at midnight Pacific. The winner will be notified via email using the email address associated with the comment.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
- Why creating a demo for your product can be a huge boost to your affiliate sales.
- Takeaways from my ConvertKit case study that you can apply to your own affiliate marketing.
- How I've organically introduced the products that I'm an affiliate for.
- How blogging about my journey—from AWeber, to Infusionsoft, to ConvertKit—went viral.
- Why thinking about affiliate relationships in terms of solving your audience's problems makes a big difference.
- How showing (as opposed to telling) changes the way you present affiliate links to your audience.
- How a webinar helped me boost my JV (joint venture) affiliate sales.
- Why taking an online course that you are an affiliate for with your audience is a great strategy.
- How to present affiliate physical products to your audience, and more!
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Affiliate Marketing – The Ultimate Step by Step Guide
- ConvertKit Demo by Pat Flynn
- Why I Switched from AWeber to Infusionsoft to ConvertKit
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode 244: Bootstrapping a Startup with Nathan Barry from ConvertKit
- Build Your Own Brand
- Google AdSense
- Create Awesome Online Courses
- Michael Hyatt's Best Year Ever
- Amazon Associates
- 1•2•3 Affiliate Marketing
Ahrefs is the ultimate tool for anyone who wants to win in the world of SEO. Whether you need a tool for keyword research, competitor research, backlink research . . . Ahrefs is the only tool you need for SEO.
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.