How do you take an idea and grow it into a six-figure business, a multiple six-figure business, and then scale it to a multiple seven-figure business? That’s what we’re talking about with today’s special guest: Nathan Chan, founder of Foundr Magazine.
Foundr Magazine has turned into a powerhouse brand since I last spoke with Nathan (Episode 169). So much has happened! Today, Nathan is going to dish on all that he’s done, and all that he’s had to stop doing in order to grow. I’m basically just turning the mic over to Nathan so he can give us the scoop on what he’s learned, what he’s aiming for now, how he’s building his brand, and why his mission with Foundr has increased 100x.
Stick that phone in your pocket and listen close, because this episode is stuffed with insights and powerful takeaways. That’s what Foundr is all about—helping entrepreneurs create a successful business. Nathan has a lot to share, so let’s get started!
If you want to get a free, printed copy of the Richard Branson issue of Foundr, go to Foundr.com/branson (you only need to cover shipping and handling).
And speaking of freebies, if you’ve ever been interested in starting a podcast, I have a free, three-day mini course for you. It’s structured to help you get your podcast up and running without getting overwhelmed. I’ll walk you through all the steps, hand-in-hand: Check it out at HowtoStartaPodcast.com.
We talk a lot in this episode about scaling up and team building, and a common question I get is “how do you manage your content when you’re scaling up?” Well, I have an excellent solution for you: CoSchedule. This is the number one tool I’d recommend for content management—it’s great if you have a team or even if you’re just starting out. It helps you manage your content on WordPress, on social media, and more. There are so many useful features and automations within CoSchedule that I know will make your life easier, so check it out at SmartPassiveIncome.com/coschedule. [Full Disclosure: As an affiliate, I receive compensation if you purchase through this link.]
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Nathan Chan for joining me this week. Until next time!
Discover the strategies and mindset behind Foundr Magazine’s explosive growth with its creator.
- What Nathan’s learned since we last spoke, and how he’s grown Foundr so well.
- Why Nathan is shooting high with Foundr’s mission to support new entrepreneurs.
- Why Foundr has branched into courses and what strategies it uses for them.
- Strategies and powerful mindsets for scaling your company.
- How Nathan built Foundr’s company culture, and what he’s learned in the process.
- Who Nathan’s mentors are, and why he’s a member of Entrepreneur’s Organization.
- What strategy Nathan is using to scale his business, and what brands he’s inspired by.
- What critical advice Nathan has for SPI listeners.
- How you can get a free copy of the most recent issue of Foundr, and more!
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t by Verne Harnish
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization
- Intrepid Travel
- SPI 169: How Nathan Chan Built a 6-Figure Digital Magazine and the Marketing Strategies We Can All Use
- Order Foundr’s First Printed Issue
- How to Start a Podcast