Just about every business owner starts from scratch. Today’s guest did, too, but in a totally unique way. He’s Nathan Chan, creator of Foundr Magazine, an entirely digital publication.
When Nathan first built Foundr Magazine, he knew he was headed into unique, unfamiliar territory. Without tried-and-true methods to fall back on, Nathan found himself learning through experience every step of the way.
Now, the magazine ranks with heavy hitters like Entrepreneur and Fast Company and sports an incredible Instagram following. He got there through smart strategy, amazing design, and total commitment to creating the best product possible.
I’m so excited for you to hear the incredible insight Nathan’s brought with him today. This episode is crammed with actionable strategies and tips—including a few that are so good, Nathan almost wishes he hadn’t told me!
If you’re interested in growing your audience, promoting your product, or attracting big-name guests to your publication or show, Nathan’s got some expert advice for you.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Interested in checking out Sensor Tower or Magcast to build your online magazine? Leave a note for Nathan in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Nathan for joining me this week for another awesome episode. Until next time!
Joining me today is Nathan Chan, creator of Foundr Magazine, a wildly successful magazine for entrepreneurs that’s entirely digital.
- How a digital magazine gets made, from start to finish.
- The first step for snagging an interview with in-demand, hard-to-reach guests.
- The pitfalls Nathan faced early on, and how he recovered from them.
- Tools for creating and promoting a digital magazine.
- How to use Instagram as your primary tool for building your following.
- Nathan’s top five strategies for becoming an Instagram powerhouse.
- The danger of the “wantrepreneur” mindset.
- How to win over an audience by under-promising and over-delivering.
- The secret to App Store Optimization.
- An Instagram Hacks Cheat Sheet, and more!