Over the past three months, I've been experimenting with a new social media automation tool and have been extremely pleased with the results. The tool is called Edgar, and I'm happy to welcome the founder, Laura Roeder, to the SPI Podcast today to talk all things social media and the principles behind her new automation and scheduling tool.
As much as we all use social media to help promote our businesses, grow our brands and strengthen relationships with our audience, I actually haven't covered social media very much here on the blog. Laura is also a social media trainer, and whether you're just starting out with your platform or you've been actively using social media for a while, she definitely gives us a load of tips and strategies for getting the most out of our time.
Please leave an honest review and rating on iTunes! They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like to hear answers to previously submitted voicemail questions from people like you), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized podcast has over 2 million downloads and episode 200 is scheduled for this coming Monday!
Thanks again for listening to the show and for Laura for being an awesome guest! Give her a shout out here on Twitter when you have the chance.
If you have any tips, suggestions or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them below in the comment section of this post, and if you liked the episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post!
Cheers, and thank you!
- The first steps a new brand should make to begin building a social media presence.
- What’s better for a profile picture: logo or face?
- The biggest mistake people make on Twitter.
- When hashtags make sense (and why in most cases, they don’t)
- Self-promotion on Twitter – how much is too much?
- Facebook, why we’re frustrated with it and how to handle it.
- Facebook Pages vs. Facebook Groups
- My 3 favorite types of posts to publish on Facebook to increase engagement.
- Other social media platforms that you should be paying attention to, especially if you’re in a retail business.
- A drawback when using Instagram, but how it can still be effective for your brand.
- The most important factor to consider if you’re thinking about paying for traffic through social networks.
- An introduction to Laura’s new software, Edgar, and what it can do to help businesses leverage social media (and how I’ve been using it too over the past few months).
- Laura’s thoughts on using social media automation tools. Are we defeating the whole purpose of being “social” by automating our tweets and posts?
- A Twitter strategy I’ve been using that has helped me get more retweets and favorites than anything else.
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.