If you know anything about the beverage industry in America—especially a sub-niche as packed as bottled coffee—you know it's super competitive. So how in the world did three brothers and a dorm room blender break in and earn $5 million in revenue? That's the story of Super Coffee, and I've got Jim Decicco (oldest of the three brothers) on the show to tell us all about it!
Jim Decicco is the CEO of Super Coffee, a super healthy, lactose-free coffee drink with protein. They're being distributed by major players like Whole Foods and they're looking to expand their reach even farther. Business is booming, but it didn't start out like that. Actually, it started with one brother's decision to drop out of college, a dorm room blender, and a whole lot of grit. Jim's here today to uncover some of the secrets to Super Coffee's success, how the three brothers got their scrappy start and pulled together the pieces, and where they're headed next. We'll talk about the origin story, the ups and downs, what the brothers learned from a renowned mentor in the food and beverage space, and how they got on Shark Tank! Hit play and let's discover the story of Super Coffee!
And if you want to try Super Coffee yourself, you can get 20 percent off your order by using the code “SPI20” on DrinkSuperCoffee.com. This is an offer just for SPI listeners—thanks to Jim for the generosity!
I've been doing a bunch of live webinars and free trainings recently, and I'd love to see you at the next one! If you want to see when the next training is, and also where I'm speaking next, go to SmartPassiveIncome.com/live. If you're looking for help on starting a podcast, how to do affiliate marketing, or even if you're starting a business from scratch, that's where to go. See you there!
If you want to build a website and you need some step-by-step, I have a free training course that you can get instant access to at SmartPassiveIncome.com/byob. Over 10,000 people have gone through the course and it's completely free. Kickstart your website today!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Jim Decicco for joining me this week. Until next time!
Discover the story of Super Coffee: How three brothers and a dorm room blender broke into the bottled coffee niche and earned $5 million in revenue!
- How Super Coffee originated in a dorm room blender.
- Why Jim got involved in his younger brother's business plan, and why the brothers are a perfect storm.
- How the brothers got Whole Foods as their first account, and how they capitalized on the opportunity.
- How the brothers got their first production space by taking the night shift.
- How appearances on Shark Tank and a mentor in the industry gave Super Coffee the right boost.
- The fortuitous opportunities that the brothers seized to get to the next level.
- How Super Coffee is handling the competitiveness of their industry.
- What strategies Super Coffee is using to create relationships, and how their team is structured.
- What's on the horizon for Super Coffee, and more!
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Mission in a Bottle by Seth Goldman and Barry Nalebuff
- Super Coffee on Instagram
- SmartPassiveIncome.com/live—free trainings and webinars with Pat!
- Build Your Own Brand—free course!