Welcome to 2015, everybody! I can’t think of a more perfect time to talk with Joseph Michael, the Scrivener Coach. He’s another passive income success story I can’t wait for you to meet.
When you’re working hard and have a lot on your plate, it’s hard not to worry that some golden business opportunity is passing you by. That was Joseph, not long ago. His day job kept him plenty busy, but he needed a side gig, and pizza delivery didn’t seem to be working out. He decided to give the passive income lifestyle a try.
Joseph’s first idea for an online product wasn’t taking off, but all of that that changed when he started to pay attention—to what people needed, to what resources they were missing, and to his own expertise. What came next was his dynamite tutorial series, Learn Scrivener Fast, a series of high-quality training videos created to help people learn the ins and outs of Scrivener, a powerful writing tool for authors and bloggers. This is right up my alley, because I’m already using Scrivener to write my next book!
Now, Joseph’s quit his old job and is enjoying the passive income life. That’s not to say he’s just sitting around doing nothing though! He’s working hard on this venture and on new ideas for the future, but he’s no longer trading his time for dollars anymore. He’s investing his time into a business that will continually pay him back over time. What he has built is now working for him!
If getting focused and finding your next big idea are some of your New Year’s resolutions, you’ll want to hear Joseph’s story. Figuring out your particular expertise can be the biggest hurdle in getting your online product out the door. Listen to what Joseph has to say about smart listening and paying attention. I guarantee he’ll give you the boost you need!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you liked hearing from Joseph and want to share a thought or two, leave me a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
A huge thank you to Joseph for joining me and sharing his story. Until next time, and Happy New Year!
I can’t think of a more perfect time to talk with Joseph Michael, the Scrivener Coach.
- Joseph’s big light bulb moment that came from teaching his daughter to tie her shoes.
- When and why you should read the comments.
- How to be an expert, and why it’s easier than you think.
- How partnering up with other experts can be your Fastpass to building an audience.
- Joseph’s tips for building a business on the back of another, like Scrivener.
- The power of ordinary ideas.
- The magic of the lunch break, and much more!
- LearnScrivenerFast.com/SPI (Free Gifts for SPI Listeners)
- Learn Scrivener Fast Program (Affiliate Link)
- Let Go
- How to Teach a 6-Year-Old to Tie Shoes in 5 Minutes
- 5 Reasons I Switched to Scrivener for All My Writing (Post by Michael Hyatt)
- SPI Podcast Session #132
- WP Courseware plugin (Use Coupon Code: SPIROCKS)