In today's episode, we're hopping into the Delorean. We're going back to 2011, to my very first FinCon—the first time I ever spoke in public. I'll break down all the things I got wrong about that first presentation, and everything I've done since to become a cooler and more confident public speaker.
I'm inviting you to listen in on clips from my best (and most cringe-worthy) presentations, so you can hear what works, what doesn't, and how I've learned to tell the difference. I'll share the strategies I use to prepare, tips for making a stellar first impression, my favorite audience participation tactics, and the questions I ask myself every time I craft a new speech.
Public speaking can be one of the most daunting parts of being an entrepreneur, but that shouldn't stop you. I hope this look at my own personal journey toward impactful public speaking inspires you to take risks, hone your skills, and take the stage with confidence.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks for joining me this week. Until next time!
- What I got wrong (and right) about my very first public presentations.
- Embarrassing, cringe-worthy moments from my early speeches, and what I learned from them.
- How I hacked my fear of the audience.
- Strategies I use to write and prepare each of my speeches.
- My favorite audience participation tactics.
- How to craft the perfect first impression as a speaker.
- Why I stopped memorizing my speeches.
- Why fear and stage fright can be good things, and why you should listen to them.
- Favorite moments from my most successful speeches, and more!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.