I want to introduce you to the person who's helped me become better speaker, host, and communicator. His name is Michael Port, author of Book Yourself Solid and the new Steal the Show [Amazon affiliate links], and he's a master of commanding conversations.
By “commanding,” I don't mean he bosses his listeners around. For Michael, commanding means being in control of your own communication, getting the output you want, and motivating others to take action. It's a skill he taught me through his Heroic Public Speaking training, and he's joining me today to teach you, too.
Michael's background as an actor inspired him to approach public speaking, interviews, and podcast hosting as he would an acting performance. He'll reveal his strategies for navigating any kind of spontaneous, high-stakes interaction, whether you've got an audience of one or one thousand.
All of us, at some point in our careers, have to grapple with our anxieties around public speaking and communicating. Michael's here to empower you with strategies and advice for conquering those fears like a pro.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Special thanks to Michael for joining me this week. Until next time!
Michael Port is the author of Book Yourself Solid and the new Steal the Show, and he's a master of commanding conversations.
- Why and how you can approach life's high stakes situations as performances.
- Strategies for reducing performance anxiety.
- How to deliver a great performance without appearing or feeling false.
- The importance of rehearsal, and why so many people get it wrong.
- How to rehearse for podcasts, interviews, and other spontaneous interactions.
- Myths and misconceptions surrounding public speaking.
- How to keep your audience stimulated using contrast.
- Advice for motivating your audience to take action.
- How Michael's background in acting informs his approach to business and public speaking, and more!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.