November is Affiliate Month here on SPI. Last week we talked about long-term affiliate relationships, so today we’re going to be talking in depth about how to create a successful blueprint for a short-term JV (joint venture) affiliate promotion. How is a short-term affiliate opportunity different, and how can you plan your campaigns to take advantage of the opportunity in a shorter time span?
Often there are times when you have the opportunity to promote a product that has some scarcity involved. Maybe it has limited access, discounted prices for a short time only—your goal is to crush it and become the top affiliate. Depending on the promotion, these opportunities can be golden, and you don’t want to waste the short time that you have. I’ll be talking about the different kinds of short-term affiliate opportunities available, how to get involved, and how to stand out from the other affiliates who may be promoting the same product. With the step-by-step blueprint I’ll give you, you’ll learn how to outline your short-term campaign, how to draw your audience in, and how to track your progress on the way to success.
Affiliate marketing has totally changed my life. As a result of becoming the top affiliate for a lot of products—including short-term JV promotions—I’ve made connections with A-listers and created important partnerships, all while continuing to serve my audience and provide some awesome products for their online businesses . . . It’s just one big win for everyone involved. This episode is packed full of strategy and information so listen close, maybe get out a notepad (or a note-taking app), and good luck on your affiliate marketing journey!
If you want to go even deeper, check out my brand-new course, 1•2•3 Affiliate Marketing. I’ll be talking more about the course later this month, and you can sign up for the waitlist at 123AffiliateMarketing.com. And if you want to check out a free (yes, free!) affiliate marketing resource in the meantime, Affiliate Marketing the Smart Way will walk you through the more foundational affiliate marketing strategies you should use.
Thanks to our episode sponsor, Ahrefs, we have a contest this week! Register to win a free annual account (a $3,990 package!) by answering the following question in the comment section below: What is one big goal that you have for 2018?
Leave your answer below for a chance to win. To start your free trial today, go to Ahrefs.com. I’ll pick my favorite comment from all entries; contest closes on December 7, 2018 at midnight Pacific. The winner will be notified via email using the email address associated with the comment.
And hey, if you’re not following me on YouTube already, check out YouTube.com/smartpassiveincome. A lot of the game plan for next year is very video-centric. My team and I are devoting a lot of time and energy into YouTube next year (don’t worry, the podcast and blog aren’t going anywhere). I built out a top-of-the-line, 900-square-foot studio space this year, so I’m excited to use it to share some exciting SPI videos with you soon!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
- How to make the most of a short-term joint venture (JV) promotion when it comes your way.
- The number one rule of affiliate marketing (for long-term or short-term promotions).
- The different kinds of short-term affiliate opportunities, and how you can get involved.
- How to stand out from everyone else who’s promoting the same affiliate product.
- How far in advance I recommend you plan your short-term affiliate campaign.
- What to offer at each stage of the plan week by week, day by day.
- Bonuses and incentives you can offer to draw your audience’s attention to your campaign.
- What tools to use with your launch so you can track it and figure out what’s working.
- How to use Q&As, webinars, and livestreams to demonstrate and sell your affiliate product.
- When most of your audience is likely to jump on board during your affiliate campaign, and more!
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- 1•2•3 Affiliate Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing the Smart Way
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode 290: Affiliate Marketing: An Insider Look at My Most Successful Long-Term Campaigns
- Marie Forleo’s B-School
- Pretty Link
- Chalene Johnson
- Smart Passive Income on YouTube
Ahrefs is the ultimate tool for anyone who wants to win in the world of SEO. Whether you need a tool for keyword research, competitor research, backlink research . . . Ahrefs is the only tool you need for SEO.