This whole month is all about affiliate marketing here on SPI and I couldn't be more excited about today's episode. Affiliate marketing is something I'm incredibly passionate about: It's helped me make millions of dollars and it's absolutely changed my life. Today I'm taking you through my process for getting started.
I've learned so much in my time as an affiliate marketer, and most importantly I've learned how to do it right—and by do it right, I mean doing it in a way that isn't slimy. That kind of affiliate marketing annoyed me when I was getting started; it just didn't feel right and it made me feel that people didn't know what I wanted. But through my journey I've discovered that my early experience doesn't have to be the affiliate marketing experience. If done the right way it can be a huge win for everyone.
In this episode, I'm giving advanced affiliate marketing tips. These tips aren't advanced on a technical level—they're advanced in that no one is doing them. I'll also be breaking down a case study based on a product I've recommended a lot recently: ConvertKit. [Full Disclosure: I'm a compensated advisor and an affiliate for ConvertKit.]
This week's episode is all about finding long-term resources that you can offer your audience that will be there for a long time, and hopefully earn you some money for a long time too. I wish you good luck and success on your own affiliate marketing journey—enjoy!
To download my free cheat sheet on mastering affiliate marketing, check out AffiliateMarketingtheSmartWay.com.
And for everything you need to know about affiliate marketing, including how to get started, different methods, and things to watch out for, read our Ultimate, Step-by-Step Guide to Affiliate Marketing.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
- What affiliate marketing is and how to do it right.
- My number one rule for affiliate marketing.
- A case study based on a product that I've recommended recently: ConvertKit.
- What the acronym D.O.I.N.G. means and why it can be a blueprint to affiliate marketing success.
- Why you should become familiar with any product before you become an affiliate for it.
- What you can do to help people feel more comfortable when purchasing through an affiliate link.
- How to build trust for the product you're an affiliate for.
- Why you should never recommend more than one of the same kind of product.
- The important mindset shift that will help you become a better affiliate marketer.
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Affiliate Marketing the Smart Way
- ConvertKit Demo by Pat Flynn
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode 244: Bootstrapping a Startup with Nathan Barry from ConvertKit
- Smart Passive Income on YouTube
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.