CONTENT WARNING: You're going to want to have a pen and paper handy for this one. Today we're talking with Ray Edwards, a fan favorite from Episode 182 and Episode 300 and a member of my mastermind group. Today he's going to teach us how to write copy that sells—written words that encourage readers to take action and result in profitable sales. Stick around!
Knowing how to write solid marketing copy for your business isn't nearly as simple as it might seem. In fact, it's really one of the most important parts of running an online business, particularly when it comes to selling. So how can you do it well? How do you write engaging, strong, and convincing sales copy?
Ray is here today to give us techniques, hints, and blueprints for doing exactly that! Like I said at the top, you're going to want to take notes. In this episode you'll learn how techniques like the PASTOR model and If, Then, Lead can help you outline and craft powerful copy, connect with your audience, and drive successful sales. Did I mention that you should take notes? Scroll below for a special, twelve-step infographic from Ray for understanding The Buyer's Journey!
If you're looking to hire a professional copywriter for your business, check out Ray's ESP (Endorsed Service Providers) list. It's in the navigation bar of his website, RayEdwards.com. And if you enjoyed this episode, look out for Ray's book, Permission to Prosper, coming out in March 2019.
The Buyer's Journey, courtesy of Ray Edwards
If your business has anything that includes a subscription model of any kind, recurring payments and the like—you're going to want to pay attention to this. Commonly we entrepreneurs experience failed payments, which can be frustrating. I didn't even realize how much I was losing until I got on board with a company called AllGravy.io. That might sound familiar if you listened to Episode 312 with Casey Graham, who put the company together to help people recover failed payments. A lot of shopping carts use auto features to try and recover payments, which is pretty standard, but AllGravy.io is a team of real humans who get involved with your brand and reach out to customers in a friendly, very non-scary way. They've recovered tens of thousands of dollars for me from failed payments I didn't even know were happening. I'm sure they can make a huge impact for your business too. Check out AllGravy.io/pat—it literally pays for itself. I love this company and what they do for others.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Ray Edwards for joining me this week. Until next time!
Learn techniques and foundations for powerful, success-driven sales and marketing copy.
- How the PASTOR model can help you make successful sales.
- Why including different types of urgency in your copy is huge for increasing sales.
- Why you should write your copy when you're in an excited state.
- Why 80 percent of your sales copy should be about connecting with your audience.
- How to use the Instant Empathy Exercise to write incredible sales copy.
- How to use the If, Then, Lead technique when writing copy.
- Why your job is to be Yoda (rather than Luke Skywalker) on your buyer's journey.
- Why you should prove to buyers that your solution is worth 5-10x more than you're asking for it.
- How to craft the perfect bonus for your pitch.
- How to hire a professional copywriter for your business, and more!
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Ray Edwards
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- How to Write Copy That Sells
- The Wisdom Enterprise Course
- Endorsed Service Providers (ESPs)
- AllGravy.io for SPI Listeners
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.