In this session of The Smart Passive Income Podcast, I'm happy to welcome Kim Walsh-Phillips, CEO of IOCreativeGroup.com to the show!
Kim's agency specializes in direct marketing and data-driven results, and in this particular episode we have a deep conversation about certain offline techniques that can be used as an additional layer in your online business efforts.
Offline techniques…for your online business?
It sounds different, doesn't it?
Well, that's precisely why it works extremely well.
For example, let's say you have an online business and you sell a training course through a membership website, and you charge a recurring fee every month to have access. After people purchase, what if you sent a letter to their home address, thanking them for joining the course, along with a free bonus gift—totally out of the blue.
How do you think your customer would feel about his or her decision to join your course? Would the average customer stay a member longer because of such a gesture?
When we talk about “going the extra mile” for your customer, doing something for them offline is a unique and rewarding way to approach it, and in the example above, if you were to keep track of your retention rate (meaning, the average time a customer stays a member), you can measure the effectiveness of such a campaign.
What if you send something directly to the customer after 2 months? Or what about every month?
It all has an effect on your bottom line, and the dollars you'd spend up front could easily pay you back in the form of happy, appreciated customers, and longer retention in your course.
Even if your product has a one-time payment, this strategy will work very well for increasing the customer value over the long run.
Now, you might be thinking: “Okay, this must cost me something.”
Well…of course, but it's probably not as much as you think. Actually, it's very little compared to the potential return, and in this episode you'll hear from Kim exactly how much a campaign like this might cost:
Do you use direct response marketing and other traditional marketing campaigns for your online business? If so, please share how it's working for you!
Did You Enjoy This Episode? Thank Kim on Twitter!
If you enjoyed this session and have 3 seconds to spare, let me Kim know on Twitter by clicking on the link below:
Question? Leave Me a Voicemail!
If you have a question that you'd like answered over the airwaves (er, the Internet waves), please visit my SpeakPipe Page here and quickly and easily record a voicemail question for me to answer for you!
No payments, signups or dialing required. Just hit record and your question will be sent to me. I feature listener questions from time to time and I just may feature you on the SPI podcast!
Thank you! With over 6,000,000 downloads of the podcast, I'm so blessed to have you as a listener (and reader, if you read the transcripts instead!).
If you haven't done so already, to make it easier for you to get new episodes of the SPI Podcast downloaded right to your computer or mobile device, please subscribe to the podcast by clicking here if you haven't already!
Thanks so much for all the love, and Happy Holidays! Any comments or questions, please leave them below!
Learn offline techniques that can be used as an additional layer in your online business efforts.
- Why you need a multi-layered marketing strategy that utilizes both online and offline techniques.
- A “lumpy” tip for achieving a (nearly) 100% open rate when sending direct mailers to leads and customers.
- How and when you're supposed to collect the physical address from your leads and/or customers in order to be able to send them something directly.
- How direct mail increases customer value and reinforces purchasing decisions.
- Types of content to share within your direct mailers, and specific elements to include so that you can track.
- How to test your mailers in a cost-effective manner.
- How perceived value plays a huge role in the effectiveness of offline campaigns for your online business.
- What PURLs are and how they can increase a response rate by 30% or more.
- Specific examples of how directly mailers are being used, what is being sent and the results.
- The vital 100 days after your customer purchases one of your products.
- How this process can be automated, and more!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.