In this session of The Smart Passive Income, I'm happy to welcome Mary Beth Storjohann from WorkableWealth.com to the show!
Mary Beth and I met last year at The Financial Blogger Conference, and ever since then I've been extremely impressed with her approach to her work and making a name for herself in the very competitive space of personal finance.
We both reconnected earlier this month along with 6 other San Diego based entrepreneurs to form an in-person mastermind that looks to meet regularly each month, which I'm incredibly excited about!
I wanted to have Mary Beth on the show to share a number of different tips and strategies that she's using to succeed with her business and stand out from the competition, including how she's targeting a niche within a niche that most people say is impossible to deal with, how she's growing her client-base (and keeping them extremely happy), how she's regularly being featured on local TV stations, plus a number of tips for better communication.
What's cool is that now that she's built a strong and loyal client base, she's now entering the world of passive income to, in a more automated fashion, serve more people by targeting those who may not be able to afford her 1 on 1 client services.
Thank Mary Beth on Twitter!
If you enjoyed this episode and would like to show Mary Beth some love and thanks for coming on the show, you can do so easily by clicking on the link below:
Thank You For Listening!
Also, reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! I read each and every one of them, and feel free to share your URL there so I can contact you later on and say thanks!
And lastly, if you have any questions (or would like answers to previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com! The bite-sized show is approaching 1,000,000 total plays!
Cheers, and thanks again!
Mary Beth Storjohann
My guest today is Mary Beth, founder of Workable Wealth.
- Why Mary Beth decided to niche down and focus on serving Gen Y, even though most people were recommending against it.
- How she's differentiating herself from others who are targeting the same sub-niche (and going even deeper in sub-sub-niches)
- Mary Beth's unique subscription based model for client work, which allows her to create the lifestyle business that she wants.
- How she was able to obtain clients only 2-3 weeks after the launch of her website.
- The one important thing I'd tell my younger self, if I could go back into time.
- The biggest struggles that you may face when trying to obtain more clients, and how Mary Beth overcomes those struggles.
- The importance of accountability (and how that plays into your pricing model).
- Quick little touches that can mean the world to your audience and clients.
- How Mary Beth is scaling her client-based business (and how she's expanding out into more automated, passive income opportunities from there)
- How she's been able to be featured and interviewed regularly on television, and what's that's like and what it has done for her business.
- How sometimes when you record an episode you can hear the landscaping being done in the front yard 😉
- How Twitter plays a major role in her business – and it's not to connect and talk to her clients.
Get a $99 Power Pack of Services for Free!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.