This month, I've been learning everything I can about creating and selling physical products. I've explored how new products get made, how they get in the hands of customers, and how great products attract communities of raving fans. Today, I'm digging a little deeper and asking “why”—why should my audience use my product, and how will it change their lives for the better? Here to help me are two product creators who know all about changing lives: UJ Ramdas and Alex Ikonn, co-founders of The Five-Minute Journal.
I talk a lot about The Five-Minute Journal and how it's transformed my daily routine. Journaling has changed me as both an entrepreneur and a person, and thanks to the incredible design of UJ and Alex's journal, it's a habit I love returning to each day.
You'll hear more about the journal's design in our interview, but you'll also hear a lot about the “why” behind this very special product. UJ and Alex will reveal the personal need that inspired their journal, the methodology behind its habit-building strategy, and why their journal stands out from other self-help products in their niche. They'll also share their advice for navigating the retail world and designing a product that will stand the test of time.
Curious what makes The Five-Minute Journal such a powerful product? Listen and learn!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to UJ and Alex for joining me this week. Until next time!
UJ Ramdas and Alex Ikonn
Here today are the co-founders of The Five-Minute Journal, a product that's changed the lives of its users by turning gratitude into a daily habit.
- How The Five-Minute Journal changed not only its users, but the lives of its creators as well.
- The moment UJ and Alex knew they'd uncovered the right product.
- How designing a product for themselves helped UJ and Alex create a product they knew their audience would love.
- The clever strategy behind the journal's unique appearance.
- Stories (and words of caution) from designing a retail product.
- How journaling can help rebuild positive habits.
- One powerful habit you can implement on your own, starting today.
- The power of gratitude, and how it can transform your life and career.
- A special giveaway, and more!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.