In this session of The Smart Passive Income Podcast, I give you everything I know—my “braindump”—about something that's very fresh on my mind right now—public speaking.
Within the past month, I've done my first two keynote presentations, which also happened to be my first two paid speaking gigs as well. To think that only two years ago I was deathly afraid of getting on stage in front of a crowd, and now I'm jumping on opportunities to speak and get paid for it to—it's unbelievable.
It's pretty cool to get paid to speak, but that's not what I wanted to talk about in this session.
The best part about public speaking is that it helps for brand recognition and authority, it opens up incredible opportunities for you, and most importantly it allows you to be able to deliver a powerful message for people, and their lives can literally be different after listening to you speak.
In this session, I give you everything I know about public speaking. I'm not a master of this craft (very very far from it), but I am working hard to improve my skills and I wanted to share what I've learned along the way—not because you'll immediately become an expert at it after listening (you'll only become an expert at it by doing), but because I want give you some direction, and some tips for when you do go down this path.
It's made an incredible difference in the growth of my brand and in my life too, and I know it can do the same for you as well.
Liked This Session? Please Share it!
If you enjoyed this episode and have 3 seconds, please share it on Twitter by clicking on the link below. It'll automatically let me know you liked it!
Leave Me a Voicemail!
Every once and a while, I'll be recording podcast episodes that are completely driven and made up of questions asked by you, so if you have any questions that you'd like potentially answered on the show, simply record a voicemail over on my Speakpipe Page.
As always, I just wanted to say—I appreciate you! Especially those of you who took the time to vote for the SPI Podcast for Top Business Podcast Award!
Voting is closed, and the winners will be announced at New media Expo in January. Crossing my fingers!
In today's episode, I'm chatting about how I've gone from being deathly afraid of public speaking to accepting paid speaking gigs on a regular basis.
- 5 Reasons why you should be on stage speaking in front of a crowd, especially if you’re afraid of the idea.
- Specific strategies to help you land public speaking gigs, even if you’re starting from scratch.
- What your mind is going to tell you the moment you land your first presentation.
- The one thing you should know about the audience that’s there to watch you speak.
- How to develop your own style as a speaker.
- The most important thing when it comes to approaching your next public speaking gig.
- How to support your core message in a way that’s memorable and engaging during your talk.
- What to do with your hands while you talk!
- One tip that’s going to make you feel really comfortable while you’re speaking.
- Tips for what to include (and what not to include) on your slides.
- Plus a lot more!
- SCOREE Conference
- The Financial Blogger Conference
- New Media Expo (affiliate link)
- Stand and Deliver by Dale Carnegie (affiliate link) [Amazon affiliate link]
- Resonate by Nancy Duarte [Amazon affiliate link]
- Slideology by Nancy Duarte [Amazon affiliate link]
- TED Talks
- Click to Tweet
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.