John Lee Dumas is back! And this time, he’s here to share the incredible story of how he raised half a million dollars with his latest Kickstarter campaign.
John is the host of the hugely popular Entrepreneur on Fire podcast. Today, however, he’s going to dig deep into a totally different project: The Freedom Journal, a beautiful, leather-bound journal that guides you through a 100-day journey toward achieving a specific goal. John could have sold the journal through Amazon or churned out a downloadable PDF version, but instead, he chose to offer his Freedom Journals to his audience via a Kickstarter campaign.
In this episode, you’ll hear how John set himself up for Kickstarter success, and how he’s transformed his campaign into an ongoing source of passive income. You’ll learn his strategies for publicizing his campaign, choosing pledge rewards, and finding a manufacturer for his products—strategies you can adopt for your next crowdfunding campaign, no matter the scale.
Kickstarter can lend major credibility and visibility to your projects, but as with any product launch, it requires serious strategy, too. Tune in to hear John’s actionable advice for how to craft that strategy. You’ll even learn how to score a free copy of The Freedom Journal for yourself!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Special thanks to JLD for joining me this week. Until next time!
John Lee Dumas
My guest today is none other than John Lee Dumas, host of Entrepreneur on Fire, here to talk about his remarkable success selling a product through Kickstarter.
- The unique benefits of validating and selling a product through Kickstarter.
- What to do before you launch a Kickstarter campaign.
- How John transitioned his Kickstarter campaign into an ongoing source of passive income.
- Strategies for publicizing your Kickstarter campaign.
- How John found a manufacturer for his product, and how they worked together to build the best possible product.
- The platforms and tools John uses to distribute his products.
- Tips for creating your Kickstarter pledge levels and rewards.
- The biggest mistakes John sees crowdfunding campaigns make, including one he made himself.
- Advice for navigating the emotional highs and lows of running a crowdfunding campaign.
- The story behind The Freedom Journal, and how it’s helping people achieve their goals.
- A special offer from JLD, and more!
This CRM will help you run your business better! Get a free 14-day trial.