I can't believe we're here: Episode 100! This is incredible!
In December of 2008, after my first online business started to take off and I had just started SmartPassiveIncome.com, I had officially announced that I wanted to start a podcast of my own because it was a podcast that introduced me to this world of online business and changed my life forever.
Well, my first episode went live July 2010 – a year and a half after that announcement. That's a long time to go from announcement to execution, but I was scared, it was hard and I kept putting it off for later, until I finally reached out for help to get it done.
I'm so glad I eventually got around to it though, because the podcast has done wonders for my brand, my business and my life. The results were far beyond what I had ever imagined.
It allows me to reach more people than I could ever do with just my blog alone (#BeEverywhere), and at the same time create a much deeper connection with them too. Beyond that, it has opened up doors to potential book deals, Hollywood, keynote speaking opportunities and more.
Side note: If you'd like a detailed, step-by-step tutorial on how to start a podcast of your own, here's my free walkthrough.
Today isn't just about podcasts through, it's about looking back at the journey in whole and reflecting on how much has happened since I got started in online business. It's always good to think about where you came from because it keeps you grounded, but it's also a way to keep pushing you forward too, and there was no question who I would want to come on the show with me to celebrate this huge milestone and reflect on the past – two people who were integral in my start.
I'm happy to welcome Jeremy Frandsen and Jason Van Orden from Internet Business Mastery on episode 100 today! They are the hosts of that very first podcast where I was introduced to the idea of online business, and I can't thank them enough for what they've done for me, both indirectly through their show and directly later on. Although I know I put in the time and effort to get to where I'm at today, their guidance, mentorship and inspiration at the start of it all literally changed my life.
Thank You, Listeners!
Without you, the listener, this show wouldn't have ever reached episode 100! I owe you so much, and it's exactly why I'm extremely excited for the next 100 episodes of this podcast. Your support means the world to me, and I appreciate each and every one of you!
If you enjoyed this session, or any of the other of the 99 episodes of the podcast, and you haven't left a rating or review yet on iTunes, I would very much appreciate an honest rating and review from you. It's one of the most important parts of the ranking algorithms in iTunes, but more than that, it'll show future listeners that this is (or is not) worth their time.
To quickly leave a review, open up iTunes and search for Smart Passive Income and then leave a rating and review as shown below. You can do this via mobile as well, and even if you're not subscribed, and even if you listen on another platform – this is where I'd love your review.
Here's to the Next 100!
Thank you all so much for your support! Cheers, and here's to the next 100! If you have any guest suggestions, please feel free to leave them in the comments!
Jason and Jeremy from Internet Business Mastery
Two people who had a major influence in the early days of my online business journey.
- The idea that you might not even know who you could be impacting on the other end of your content.
- How Jeremy and Jason both got started with online business and podcasting.
- What would happen if we didn't make the decisions we've made and decide to take action and set our own course.
- Specific memories that I've had with Jeremy and Jason that have had an impact on my business and life.
- The details about one email I sent to Jeremy asking for advice, and his eye-opening response that has shaped Smart Passive Income and what it is today.
- The advantage YOU have over everybody else.
- What I did that other students didn't do to help me get to where I'm at.
- Why we can't do this alone.
- How Jeremy and Jason partnered up with each other and started Internet Business Mastery.
- Strategies for creating a successful partnership.
- The value of having a single motivating purpose.
- The history of The Internet Business Mastery Academy, and what Jeremy and Jason learned about creating successful students.
- Why, for a period of 2 years, I personally decided to stop promoting their course, Internet Business Mastery Academy, and Jeremy and Jason's thoughts on entrepreneurial traps.
Listen to my book, Let Go, for free with your free trial signup!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.