Smart Passive Income isn't just my brand, it's my identity. I can't imagine losing that, but that's exactly what happened to Jordan Harbinger—formally of The Art of Charm—who's been on the show before. His business partners gave him the boot and Jordan had to learn to survive in the aftermath. He's here to tell us how he successfully rebooted from scratch, and how you can use quick and easy networking strategies to boost your business, maintain your relationships, and stay prepared in case the worst happens.
We're going to start off by diving into what exactly happened since the last time Jordan was on the show, back in Session 268 (and going even further back, Session 121). This is the kind of thing that no one wants to think about—which is exactly why you should. What would you do if you had to start from scratch tomorrow? You'll hear plenty of thought exercises and takeaways in this episode so that—if the worst happens—you can restart and be okay.
Jordan says that networking tactics and habits saved him when he had to start from scratch. If you're starting from scratch yourself, or even if you have some momentum already, Jordan's strategies will make a huge difference in your business. According to Jordan, this is one of the highest-leveraging activities you can do as a business owner. It's something that gets overlooked way too often, and if you master networking it can be a superpower. If you don't, well, it's not something you can make up for with lost time.
If you want to get more strategy and training through Jordan, head over to https://jordanharbinger.com/course. You'll find a series of videos on subjects like nonverbal communication, the Layoff Lifelines exercise Jordan describes in the episode, Gmail roulette, and other common principles and systems for growing and maintaining your network.
If you haven't already, check out my other show, AskPat. Every week I invite a business owner like yourself onto a coaching call. Beginner or advanced, doesn't matter, I coach them through a pain or problem that they're having in their business. You get to listen, like a fly on a wall, and learn as well. It's a lot of fun and there's a ton to learn from, so give it a listen!
I'm always looking out for game-changing tools that can make a difference for you and your business. Today I want to introduce you to Gravy—I actually had the founder, Casey Graham, on the SPI Podcast in Session 312. If you have any kind of month-over-month recurring payments, you need to check Gravy out. Failed payments are a huge struggle and a massive hole that a lot of entrepreneurs don't do anything about. Gravy acts as an extension of your team to recover failed payments in a friendly, effective way. It's saved me 76 percent of my failed payments, which is tens of thousands of dollars. You'd be silly not to use it. Check it out at AllGravy.io/pat. [Full Disclosure: As an affiliate, I receive compensation if you purchase through this link.]
Also, make sure you head to SmartPassiveIncome.com/live and register for my monthly trainings. Sometimes it's just me, sometimes it's a partnership training. I cover everything from podcasts and affiliate marketing to how to build an online course, so there's something for everyone. See you there!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Jordan Harbinger for joining me this week. Until next time!
What would you do if you had to start all over again from scratch? Learn strategies for growing and maintaining your network so that you can bounce back if it ever happens to you.
- What happened: How Jordan got kicked out of his own company and had a new podcast up the next week.
- Why networking and relationships are critical in entrepreneurship.
- How Jordan got past his anger and moved on to build everything again from scratch.
- How to create Layoff Lifelines and why the exercise is so important.
- Why you should reach out and network when you're agenda-free.
- How to create a network list step-by-step, and how to schedule the exercise so you get it done.
- Why keeping urgency out of your networking communications can actually increase your response rate.
- How to grow your network, online and in person, and why you don't have to spend a ton of time doing it.
- Why you should never go to a networking event that isn't curated.
- Why it's better to start off small rather than networking aggressively.
- How to facilitate your own networking event, and more!
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- The Jordan Harbinger Show on iTunes
- Dig Your Well Before You're Thirsty by Harvey Mackay [Amazon affiliate link]
- Six-Minute Networking
- @JordanHarbinger on Instagram
- Alex Kouts on The Jordan Harbinger Show