Starting a podcast is cheaper than you'd probably expect. It's also less complicated than you might imagine. Yes, there are a lot of steps, but you can do it, and we can help. Download our Podcast Cheat Sheet, and you'll receive Pat Flynn's How to Start a Podcast video series, two free tools designed to guide you through the process of starting your podcast.
The Ultimate Technical Checklist
Veteran podcaster Pat Flynn will walk you, step by step, through the process of setting up your podcast. He'll show you what you need (and what you don't) in order to get started now.
What's in the Podcast Cheat Sheet
With the Podcast Cheat Sheet, you have a wealth of knowledge right at your fingertips in checklist form, including:
- Inexpensive equipment recommendations: Our favorite high-quality (but inexpensive) microphones, and the extra equipment that will dramatically improve your sound
- Interview recording software options
- Audio editing software (including a free option)
- Episode recording tips, including what to prep before recording
- Advice to make an interview go smoothly
- Editing, exporting, and publishing advice
- List of directories to submit your show to
- A 12-step plan for building buzz
Plus, you'll get the free video series How to Start a Podcast in Three Days
Over the course of three days, veteran podcaster Pat Flynn will walk you through all the basics of starting a podcast, as outlined on the Podcast Cheat Sheet. Here's what you'll learn in the free lessons sent straight to your inbox:
Day 1: Equipment and Software
- Microphone and equipment selection
- Advice on setting up your room for recording
- How to use editing software (including a free option)
- Detailed editing tutorials
Day 2: Recording Interviews
- Practices that will set yourself up for a successful recording
- Tips to help you sound good on the microphone
- How to record remote interviews over Skype, Zoom, or Squadcast
Day 3: Hosting
- What a podcast file host does
- How to set up your podcast host
- What you need to submit your show to podcast apps
Why are we giving this away for free? Because podcasts are an incredibly powerful tool that can transform your business—they help you connect deeply with your audience to build a relationship that lasts. We want that for you and for your business.
Our free checklist and video guide to help you start your podcast
The Essential Free Checklist for Planning and Starting Your Podcast
The Podcast Cheat Sheet is a detailed checklist that helps you manage the setup of your podcast.
Along with the Podcast Cheat Sheet, you'll receive a three-day email series with Pat Flynn's video walkthrough for setting up a podcast.
What to Expect
After you request the Podcast Cheat Sheet, you'll receive an email with a link to download the Podcast Cheat Sheet. Over the following three days, you'll receive emails with Pat Flynn's How to Start a Podcast video series.
Together, we'll cover:
- Choosing a microphone and the equipment you need to get started
- Free podcast editing software and how to use it
- Recording tips and tricks, including how to record interviews remotely
- How to set up your podcast host (the tool that publishes your show)
Created by Pat Flynn
The Podcast Cheat Sheet and How to Start a Podcast in Three Days were created by Pat Flynn, host of four podcasts, including the Smart Passive Income Podcast, which is consistently ranked as an iTunes top business podcast. With over 53 million episode downloads and eight years of experience, he's ready to help you start your podcast!
Listen to the Smart Passive Income Podcast and the AskPat Podcast for more advice on starting and marketing a podcast.