Meet Expert in Residence Pamela Slim

Award-Winning Author, Speaker, Agency Owner

We’re thrilled to welcome Pamela as an Expert in Residence! Find her at PamelaSlim.com.

Pamela Slim looks into her camera from her office.
Hosted by Pamela Slim on May 23, 2024 at 1 PM PT/4 PM ET

|

1 PM PT / 4 PM ET

How to Monetize and Scale Your IP

Most seasoned business owners have mountains of IP sitting on hard drives and websites everywhere. We know we need to monetize our ideas, but how do we do it efficiently, effectively, and profitably? In this workshop, you’ll learn to identify the most effective and profitable forms of IP, create your own IP monetization plan, examine successful case studies of scaled IP, and more!

Ten Questions with Expert in Residence Pamela Slim

How did you get started in entrepreneurship?

I quit my full-time job to start working as a consultant.

What makes you tick?

I love to help my clients build truly world-changing IP and help it become deeply embedded in their market.

What does an average day in your entrepreneurial life look like?

I get up between 4:30 and 5:00 am, read with strong coffee, and then review my calendar for the day. Depending on the time zone of my calls, I start between 7 am and 9 am with a first coaching call, then have a mix of project work and coaching calls. I usually have an average of two podcast interviews a week (where I’m a guest). Each day I also work on a piece of writing or content. I am usually toast by 5 pm or so and go home to hang out with the family.

Pamela Slim standing next to a pillar, wearing a colorful blouse, and smiling at the camera.
Photo: Sergio Lopez.

What are your areas of expertise?

Building a business, scaling service-based businesses with IP, certification and licensing, marketing, and partnerships.

What are you looking forward to most in your residence with the SPI Pro community? How specifically do you want to help entrepreneurs?

I would love to share my experience and frameworks to help SPI Pros remove roadblocks and get to market faster. I cannot wait to learn all about everyone’s businesses and do what I can to provide perspective and ideas for scale. I love community environments and look forward to learning a lot from fellow entrepreneurs.

Why did you join the Entrepreneur in Residence program? What is it about Pro that makes it a special place/community for entrepreneurs?

I have admired Pat’s work for a long time, and look forward to having a place to send my clients after they finish with time-blocked, cohort-based programs. I love to learn and do best in supportive community environments.

What is your biggest professional challenge to date, and how did you overcome it?

I have struggled for a while to find a way to scale my business without bringing in a bunch of new coaches. I solved the problem by building a certification agency so that our team of talented instructional designers could build scaleable deliverables and I could focus on partnerships and business development.

What is your biggest professional win to date and what did you do to make it happen?

I was really happy that my last book, The Widest Net, won best Marketing & Sales book of 2021 from Porchlight Books. It was a challenge to sell publishers on the big idea of the book, so it felt very vindicating to see such a positive critical reception from the most well-respected distributor of business books.