Niche Site Duel
What is it?
On August 2nd, 2010, I was challenged by a friend to create a niche website from scratch to see if I could get it ranked in Google and start to earn an income from it. He started one too, and that’s when the Niche Site Duel was born.
We publicly shared our progress, from start to finish. From keyword research and selecting the niche all the way to building the site and monetizing it. I documented each and every step along the way. I even shared my mistakes too.
Within 73 days, I was able to take my brand new site and climb to #1 in Google. Since then, it has generated over $50,000.00 in net profit. The niche site duel has become one of the premier, free examples on the Internet about how to build a website from scratch and has already helped thousands of people start their own websites. Many of those people are now earning a side income, and a number of people have taken their websites full-time, which is awesome!
Below you’ll find the history of posts in the Niche Site Duel.
Currently, Niche Site Duel 1.0 is complete, although the website is still up and running at #1 in Google and still generating an income two years later. You can click any of the links below to see exactly how it all happened:
Niche Site Duel 1.0
- Niche Site Duel: I’ve Been Challenged, and I Accept!
- Niche Site Duel 002: Finding a Profitable Niche – My Process Revealed
- Oops. The Niche I Selected is Bad, and Here’s Why
- Niche Site Duel 003: How to Setup a Niche Site – Before You Add Content
- Niche Site Duel 004: My Content Strategy
- Niche Site Duel 005: My Backlinking Boo Boo
- Niche Site Duel 006: My Backlinking Strategy
- Niche Site Duel 007: Ranking and Traffic (and Earnings!) Update
- Niche Site Duel 008: My Monetization Strategy
- Niche Site Duel 009: I’m On The First Page of Google!
- Niche Site Duel 010: I’m Ranked Number One in Google!!
- Niche Site Duel 011: THE Backlinking Strategy That Works
- Niche Site Duel 012: An Experiment and Income Update
- Niche Site Duel 013: CPA Promotions, Private Advertising, Job Board and Income Report
- My 275% Increase in Adsense Revenue
- Niche Site Earnings and Directory Listing Update
- I Was Just Offered Five Figures For My Niche Site!
- Niche Site Update – New Content, Record Earnings, and What’s Next
- Niche Site Duel – One Year Later (Earnings and Traffic Update
- Building the Ultimate Resource
Niche Site Duel 2.0
Quite a bit has changed since NSD1.0. Although the strategies and tactics detailed in NSD1.0 still work, they don’t work quite as often as they used to. That’s why I’m happy to say that NSD2.0 is almost ready to launch, and I hope you’ll follow me on my journey, and even join in on the fun too.
There will be an opportunity for you to participate in the challenge as well, which you will see details about in the near future here on this page and in an upcoming blog post. A select few of you (5) will work directly with me for a few months, meeting regularly throughout that time to help each other, learn from each other and use our websites in the various niches we select as case studies for the rest of the community. It’ll be awesome.
Currently, I’m in research mode – hunting down those who seem to know how to rank a newer website in today’s online environment. Check out the list of posts below to help you prepare for what’s to come:
- (Research) What’s Working in SEO Right Now with Alex Becker (4/30/13)
- (Research) SEO and Keyword Research with Spencer Haws (5/8/13)
- (Research) Neil Patel on How to Rank a Website Today (5/10/13)
- Criteria and Thoughts for Keyword and Niche Selection (5/14/13)
- (Research) Effective & Long-term Link Building for Niche Sites with Jon Cooper (5/20/13)
- Launch Post: Let’s Do This! Expectations and How to Participate (5/22/13)
- NSD 2.0.1 – How to Conduct Keyword Research and SEO Analysis (Free and Paid Methods (5/29/13)
- NSD 2.0.2 – I Have an Itch to Tackle this Niche, But Should I? (6/11/13)
- NSD 2.1.0 – My Niche Site Revealed and What’s Next (6/24/13)
If you’d like to get information on how to participate in the Niche Site Duel yourself, enter your name and email below: