In this session of The Smart Passive Income Podcast you’ll hear a revised (blog & podcast-friendly) version of my recent solo presentation at Blog World Expo in New York, which is all about how I manage to earn a significant income from affiliate marketing without using aggressive or forceful marketing tactics and hardly any pitch at all.
In general, affiliate marketing has somewhat of a negative connotation, but my goal was to show that you can make a significant income from affiliate marketing while at the same time strengthen the relationship that you have with your audience and keep them coming back for more.
In this session you’ll learn about:
- The model or “experience” that I take my readers which requires very little pitching in order to eventually make a sale.
- The one component that’s absolutely necessary in order for any transaction to happen on your website.
- Why the old way of teaching affiliate marketing has led to so much failure.
- 3 strategies you can use to speed up the relationship building process and connect on a deeper level with your audience much faster.
- The one question that you must be able to answer in order to succeed with affiliate marketing, and how the answer to that one question can show you precisely what products you should be promoting to your audience.
- What Amazon.com teaches us about affiliate marketing.
- Why promoting a product that you didn’t use yourself can be extremely harmful to you and your brand.
- How science and mirror neurons play a role in how we should be promoting affiliate products.
- The specific kind of proof that enabled me to increase my earnings for one particular affiliate product from $4000/month to $15,000/month.
- 5 not-so-popular tips that you can use at the exact point of sale (where you place affiliate links on your site) to help increase earnings.
- And much more!
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- The Soft Pitch Pipeline (graphic)
- The Niche Site Duel Posts
- Mirror Neurons (From Derek Halpern at SocialTriggers.com)
- Keyword Research Webinar
- Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead (Extended Trailer on YouTube)
- The Breville Juicer I Purchased (added this affiliate link here by request!)
- Bluehost (The domain and hosting company that I recommend as an affiliate)
- My Resources Page (the most profitable page on the blog)
- My Post about Opt-In Skin
The Soft Pitch Pipeline
A well-balanced “pipeline” or user experience through your site and your brand, like what’s shown above, is exactly what you should shoot for.
The better the relationship you have with your audience, the more careful you are about the products that you actually promote, the more you can share about your own experiences with those products and any sort of proof that goes along with it, the softer the sell can be and the more your audience will appreciate your recommendations.
Your earnings are a byproduct of how helpful you can be to your audience. (<- Click Here to Tweet this Quote)
Use affiliate marketing as a tool to help your audience, and the commissions will come.
Thank you all for listening, and if you haven’t done so already, please use the links below to subscribe to the podcast feed! Or, if you have an iPhone or iPad, download the SPI iPhone application and listen to the podcast from there.
Please subscribe below to the podcast to get automatic updates for your device:
The quote from the intro in today’s podcast session was by Oscar Wilde