Last week, I kicked off a brand-new, three-part series on getting started with your own passive income business. This week, I'm back to bring you part two!
Part one covered the basics of starting out with passive income and explored what to put in place before creating your business. In part two, I'm going to walk you through what happens once you've laid that foundation, and you're ready to build an audience.
The types of passive income I'm covering today include affiliate marketing, advertising, e-books, and online courses. I'll teach you some key first steps for getting started, some thing to do and some things to avoid as you start creating, and my personal experiences with each income model. I've also got some great resources recommend—tools I've either used myself or seen others use while building successful online businesses.
And don't forget to join me next week for part three, where I'll explore four more models and which one might be right for your future in passive income.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks for listening in this week. Until next time!
- How to generate passive income from affiliate marketing, advertising, e-books, and online courses.
- What you need to get started with affiliate marketing.
- How to increase the likelihood your audience will follow through on your affiliate links.
- How I started my very first advertising income stream.
- Different models for generating income through advertising.
- How podcast sponsorships work, and what you could earn from them.
- Things to do and things to avoid for adding advertisers to your blog or website.
- Strategies for connecting with the right advertisers for your audience.
- How to begin writing your own e-book.
- Tips for choosing how and where to publish your e-book.
- Tools for creating your first online course.
- Frameworks for structuring your online course.
- The unique challenges—and advantages—of online courses and other information products.
- Lessons I learned from trying out each of these models myself, and more!
- Elance (now called Upwork)
- Smart Passive Income Episode 186: How to Become a Successful Affiliate Marketer
- Smart Passive Income Episode 180: Two Woodworkers and How They Make a Full-Time Income from Their Craft
- Ebooks the Smart Way
- Smart Passive Income Episode 145: How to Become a Contributing Writer on Large Media Sites—From Bread Delivery to Content Delivery with Kimanzi Constable
- SPI TV Ep. 1—How to Write a Book: The Secret to a Super Fast First Draft
- Smart Passive Income Episode 75: Six-Figure Earnings with eBooks (Not on Amazon) and a Pricing Structure that Works with Nathan Barry
- WP Wishlist
- WP Courseware
- Smart Passive Income Episode 136: How to Build an Online Course that Sells with David Siteman Garland
- Smart Passive Income Episode 137: A Product Launch Sequence that Works—How to Create a 3-Part Video Series with Amy Porterfield
- Email the Smart Way
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.