I'm back with another online business success story I know you guys are going to love. Today's guest is Shayna Oliveira, founder of EspressoEnglish.net, and she's brought some words of wisdom on the long and unpredictable road to entrepreneurial success.
When Shayna published her first ebook back in 2012, she didn't wake up to overnight success. In fact, six months into building her online business, she was still only seeing small, incremental growth. That didn't stop her, however. Through hard work, persistence, and smart strategy, Shayna transformed Espresso English into her full-time source of income, allowing her to quit her day job and focus on teaching English to her devoted online audience.
It's easy to fixate on the flashy, exciting “overnight success” stories of the online business world. But it's stories like Shayna's—where smart, committed business owners pursue their goals in spite of daunting odds—that pack the truly valuable lessons for aspiring entrepreneurs. Enjoy!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Special thanks to Shayna for joining me this week. Until next time!
Today's guest shares how she grew her business through smart strategy and steady progress, rather than waiting around for overnight success.
- How Shayna transformed her offline teaching career into a successful online business.
- What happened when Shayna stopped waiting for overnight success.
- The strategy Shayna used to validate her very first online course.
- Tips and tools for creating video products and online courses.
- How Shayna grew her YouTube following.
- Content repurposing tactics to expand your reach and grow your audience.
- Shayna's words of wisdom for business owners still working toward success.
- The art of the tasteful upsell, and more!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.