Welcome to the BEST posts, podcast sessions and videos here on the Smart Passive Income Blog.
I have over 400 posts here on SPI that will help you succeed in your online business. It’s pretty difficult to filter through and figure out what you should read, so I decided to do the hard work and organize my very best content for you below.
Find the topic or topics that interest you the most, and enjoy!
Building Successful Niche Sites
In late 2010, I publicly revealed everything I did to create a niche site from scratch and in 72 days, bring it to #1 in Google and earning almost $700 a month. It all started with a challenge from a fellow blogger, and it turned into one of the most popular series of posts on the blog.
I invite you to follow me from the very beginning of this awesome journey, which covers everything from keyword research, to actually building an SEO (search engine optimized) website, content creation, backlinking, monetization and optimization.
Here are the links to all of my Niche Site Duel posts:
- Niche Site Duel 001: I’ve Been Challenged, and I Accept!
- Niche Site Duel 002: Finding a Profitable Niche – My Process Revealed
- Oops. The Niche I Selected is Bad, and Here’s Why
- Niche Site Duel 003: How to Setup a Niche Site – Before You Add Content
- Niche Site Duel 004: My Content Strategy
- Niche Site Duel 005: My Backlinking Boo Boo
- Niche Site Duel 006: My Backlinking Strategy
- Niche Site Duel 007: Ranking and Traffic (and Earnings!) Update
- Niche Site Duel 008: My Monetization Strategy
- Niche Site Duel 009: I’m On The First Page of Google!
- Niche Site Duel 010: I’m Ranked Number One in Google!
- Niche Site Duel 011: THE Backlinking Strategy That Works
- Niche Site Duel 012: An Experiment and Income Update
- Niche Site Duel 013: CPA Promotions, Private Advertising, Job Board and Income Report
- Niche Site Duel 014: My 275% Increase in Adsense Revenue
- Niche Site Duel 015: Niche Site Earnings and Directory Listing Update
Smart Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is making money by promoting and selling other people’s products. Typically, you’ll get a special link for whatever product you’re interested in promoting and every time someone purchases that product after clicking through your link, you get a piece of the overall price.
I enjoy affiliate marketing because you don’t have to spend time and energy creating your own products, and lately my affiliate earnings have been going through the roof – sometimes earning upwards of $15,000 to $20,000 a month by promoting other people’s products.
Below are some of my best articles and podcast interviews about the best and most ethical practices for effective and profitable affiliate marketing:
- 3 Types of Affiliate Marketing Explained, and the One I Profit From
- 8 Principles for Effective Affiliate Marketing on a Blog
- Multiple Strategies I Use for Affiliate Marketing – Where to Put Affiliate Links
- Affiliate and Niche Site Strategies Revealed with Glen Allsop (Podcast Session #003)
- Crushing it with Amazon Affiliate Sales with Chris Guthrie (Podcast Session #010)
My Best Blogging Advice
Blogging in itself is not passive. It takes a lot of constant work, writing and relationship building in order to create a successful blog. However, a blog is a great platform to launch other passive income opportunities, and of course you have the ability to make money from affiliate marketing on your blog as well, like I do.
Once you publish a post, it’s forever there for new visitors to see – tomorrow, next week, or even years from now. If there are affiliate opportunities within those posts, you’re planting passive income seeds that could make you money years down the road.
Below are some of my best posts that you can use to improve the quality of your blog and blogging experience:
- How to Not Be a Newbie Blogger When You’re a Newbie Blogger
- How to REALLY Profit From Your Blog
- The Ultimate Guide to Finding and Using Images on Your Blog
- The Hole on Most Blogs (Including Mine) That Need to Be Filled
- The Blogger’s Guide to Facebook
- The Content Pyramid: Healthy Portions of Blog Posts for Your Blog
- The Top 10 Things to Consider When Designing Your Blog
- 22 Take Action Ways to Become a Remarkable Blogger
- Drive Like They’re Crazy, Blog Like They’re Lazy
- How to Get Explosive and Sticky Traffic
- 19 WordPress Plugins – Some You Probably Didn’t Know About
- How to Get More Traffic with Corbett Barr (Podcast Session #008)
- How to Get Explosive Traffic – An Alternative to Guest Posting
- Are You Optimizing Your 404 Page. Yes, Your 404 Page
- The Blog Post Checklist – After You Publish Your Post
- 5 Little Known Ways to Grow Your Blog
- 10 Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW to Improve Your Blog
- Tricks to Get More Comments On Your Blog
Effective and Efficient Keyword Research
Understanding what keywords are being searched for can help you define your marketing strategies and reach specific audiences. Whether you’re starting a brand new niche site or blog from scratch, or you have an existing site and want to understand exactly what you should be writing about, use the Free resource below to help you maximize your efforts:
Building a Large and Responsive Email List
One of the biggest mistakes I made as a blogger and business owner was not starting an email list right from the start. An email list is important because it’s the most direct way to communicate and engage with your fans and subscribers. If you have are planning to sell something, the list is often the primary money maker.
You’ll hear a saying in the internet marketing world, “The money is in the list.”
Furthermore, you can always take your list “with you” where ever you go. If, for example, the Smart Passive Income blog died – maybe it was hacked and deleted or it was shutdown for whatever reason. Without my list, I’d have to start again from scratch, and it could take years to get back to where I was. With an email list, I could quickly get back up and running again with a simple email to all of my subscribers.
Here are some helpful articles when it comes to building your list:
- The Beginner’s Guide to Starting a Newsletter
- How I Accumulated 10,000 Email Subscribers in 13.5 Months
- 4 Types of Autoresponder Series and The One You Should Absolutely Avoid
- Tips for What to Include in Your Autoresponder Series
YouTube Video Strategies
YouTube plays a huge role when it comes to expanding my brand and reaching new audiences. It was tough at first (I was a bit shy), but after the first few videos I began to feel really comfortable creating videos and now YouTube is one of my top traffic sources.
Here are some posts that will help you when you decide to tackle YouTube:
- Are YouTube and Podcasting Worth the Effort?
- Everything You Need to Know About YouTube (Podcast Session #019)
- YouTube Tips and Tricks for Bloggers – Part 1
- YouTube Tips and Tricks for Bloggers – Part 2
- YouTube Tips and Tricks for Bloggers – Part 3
Creating iPhone Applications
I co-founded an iPhone application company (named LOLer Apps) with my buddy and we’re generating about $8000 a month in passive income from our applications. Below are the posts I’ve published on the blog that discuss iPhone application and marketing in the App Store:
- iPhone App Development and Marketing Tips (Podcast Session #014)
- 5 Things You Must Know About Creating Your Own iPhone Apps
- iPhone App Business Models: Paid vs. Free
- Starting an $800,000 iPhone Application Business with FreeTheApps
Other Marketing Strategies
Here are some mindset and miscellaneous articles that I recommend reading.
- 6,795,850,072 Reasons Why You Can Make a Successful Living Online
- The Only 100 Words You Should Read Today
- How to Build a (BIG) Personal Brand Online
- Gizmos and Gadgets for Online Business and Blogging
- 5 Questions You Need to Ask Yourself To Improve Your Online Business, Blog or Website (Podcast Session #011)
- Mind Hacks, Physical Hacks and Work Hacks for Better Productivity and Getting Things Done (Podcast Session #012)
Other Can’t Miss Items
And lastly, here are a couple of pages on the blog that you’d be crazy to miss.
My Resource Page is the 2nd most visited single page on the blog, which is where you can get additional resources, tools and services to help you achieve success in your online business or blog.
My Income Reports have become the most popular posts on the blog, which serve to help myself keep track of every penny of my online earnings, but also to be there as a source of inspiration and learning.
eBooks the Smart Way is an eBook I created to show you exactly how you can publish, market and automate a killer eBook.
If you have any questions, the best way to contact me is through my Facebook Page. I’ll be sure to respond as soon as I can.