In this session of The Smart Passive Income Podcast, I talk about several things that I wish I knew about before starting my online business and working on my own. If I could go back in time and tell myself these things, I would have been much better off.
When I was laid off in 2008 and started working for myself, I didn’t know what to expect. I was sort of forced to figure things out on my own as they were happening, which means I was stressed out and clueless much of the time.
Whether you are thinking about starting your own online business or have one already, there are definitely some valuable lessons to be learned here and I’m hoping this podcast session will, at the very least, get you ready for what’s to come or help you figure things out that you may already be struggling with.
In this session, you’ll find out:
- A special announcement about the SPI Podcast!
- The one thing that separates those who are successful with their business and those who are not.
- What your job really is when you start working for yourself.
- Who I hired to help me take loads of worry off my shoulder.
- When you should incorporate – before or after you make money.
- About tax stuff and some rules I have to make sure I don’t overspend.
- A very personal story (i.e. nightmare) about healthcare coverage.
- One thing that sucks about being an entrepreneur that works from home and what you can do to fix it.
- Why you need a “9 to 5” even if you’re working on your own.
- What my daily schedule is like.
- About the “Crab Bucket” and how to beat it.
Right click here to download the MP3
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
Note: some of the links below are Amazon affiliate links.
Thank you all for checking out this session of the SPI podcast, and finally, if you haven’t done so already please take 1 minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show!
Thanks again, and all the best!
Click Here to Download the Transcript for Session 53 (PDF)