Back in 2011, Sol Orwell was frustrated. The health and fitness corner of the Internet was packed with misinformation about supplements, and there was no comprehensive source for real research. Sol decided to solve this problem like he solves lots of his problems: by building a reliable, trusted business to connect people with the right information. That's how Examine.com was born.
Sol's built his career across a dizzying number of spaces. He's a master at building authority in a niche, identifying community pain points, and crafting businesses that meet those urgent needs.
I've invited Sol on the show today to learn how he uncovers those new opportunities and turns them into reality, even when he's on unfamiliar turf. Sol's had a fascinating journey, and I can't wait for you to hear his totally unique approach to business.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Special thanks to Sol for joining me this week. Until next time!
Entrepreneur Sol Orwell joins me today to share his totally unique approach to business, and how he transforms obstacles into business opportunities.
- How Sol transformed his own frustrations and obstacles into business ideas.
- How Sol made himself an authority in the health and fitness niche.
- Why Sol feels you can never get too specific with your niche.
- Advice for becoming an expert in your niche in transparent, realistic ways.
- How Sol got his business start in the early days of MMORPGs.
- Tips for building trust and gaining traffic through Reddit.
- The fascinating story behind Sol's name, and more!
- The 4-Hour Body [Amazon affiliate link]
Enter “SPI” for an additional 30 days free!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.