It's my pleasure to introduce you to Noah Bradley IV. Not only is Noah an incredible visual artist (Magic: The Gathering, anyone?), but he's also the founder of an incredible community and online school called Art Camp.
Before founding Art Camp, Noah was frustrated by the options available to fellow artists who wanted a quality education. Art school isn't cheap, and many artists take on enormous debt in order to get the training they need. Noah saw a way to help: he'd offer up his years of professional experience in an online course, using a series of videos to teach key skills to fellow artists.
Today, Art Camp isn't just a profitable passive income stream for Noah—it's a thriving community of artists who support and learn from each other online. Noah's here with me to share how that community grew, plus the tools he uses to produce and maintain his course material.
He'll also open up about the early days of his business, how he validated his idea before launching, and the workflow mistakes he learned from along the way. It's an inspiring, honest conversation that every aspiring business owner needs to hear!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Special thanks to Noah for joining me this week. Until next time!
Not only is my guest today an incredible visual artist, but he's also the founder of an incredible community and online school called Art Camp.
- How Noah uses Art Camp to address a serious pain point in the art community.
- The less-than-perfect workflow Noah used when starting out, and what he's changed since.
- How Noah validated the idea for his business before he started to sell.
- How Noah picked a price point for his online courses.
- What Noah made his first day in business.
- How Noah positioned his business to stand out from his competitors.
- The incredible way Art Camp recreates the social atmosphere of an art studio online.
- Tools for producing and selling online course material.
- Strategies for diversifying your income as an artist.
- Advice for creatives who want to generate more income from their art.
- The books Noah recommends every artist read, and more!
Free two week trial just for SPI listeners!
$99 Power Pack of services, free!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.