In this session of The Smart Passive Income Podcast, I'm very happy to welcome Tony Stubblebine, co-founder of Lift—an iPhone and web application that was first mentioned here on SPI by Tim Ferriss in Episode 51, and a tool that I've since been using every day to help me create and stick with habits that improve my business, my health and my life.
Lift is an amazing tool because not only am I able to keep track of things and “check-in” to habits that I want to do on a daily basis (such as read, run, do push-ups or make sure I do one random act of kindness each day) but it takes advantage of the power of community to hold me accountable, keep me motivated and help me help others as well.
Lift is 100% free (check it out here), and like I said, I've been enjoying using it every single day.
Tony and I talk not only about how he formed his company, but how habits play a role in our lives and what we can learn from what he's observed from people using the app, and things we as entrepreneurs can do to improve.
Thank you Tony!
If you enjoyed this episode and have 3 seconds, click on the link below to give a shout out to Tony on Twitter!
Leave Me a Voicemail!
Every once and a while, I'll be recording podcast episodes that are completely driven and made up of questions asked by you, so if you have any questions that you'd like potentially answered on the show, simply record a voicemail over on my Speakpipe Page.
Help Out the Show!
And lastly, if you haven't done so already I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick rating and honest review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show and I'm aiming for 1000 5-star ratings before the end of the year! We are currently at 987 5-star ratings—so close! 🙂
Thank you for listening, and I hope you enjoyed this session! Please let me know what you think in the comment section below.
On today's episode I'm chatting with Tony Stubblebine, co-founder of Lift, a tool built to help users stick with their habits.
- Exactly how and why Lift was created.
- The habits that are listed in my Lift app and how they apply to business.
- The mindset and habits of successful (and balanced!) entrepreneurs.
- Why Lift has the longest update-notes when new updates come out on the iPhone.
- The science of behavior, “negative” consequences and positive reinforcement.
- Insights from those who use Lift, and why meditation is a prevalent in the lives of many successful entrepreneurs.
- Tony’s mind-trick script for politely hanging up on a telemarketer, and why it’s important for what happens next.
- The competitive advantage of bootstrapping.
- Plus much more!
- Lift’s How to Meditate page with free guided meditations
- SPI Podcast Session #51 with Tim Ferriss
- Why People Fail (from Derek Halpern)
- Stikk.com (Where you donate to charities you don’t like if you fail to meet your goals.)
- SPI Podcast Session #70: The Brain, The Equation of Emotion and How We Feel
- Tony on Twitter
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.