This might come as a surprise to you, but I don't actually listen to very many podcasts. Over the past couple of years, I've discovered that the more I listen, the less time I have to take action. That being said, I would obviously be losing out on some great information if I didn't listen to a few select shows, so I have to be very smart and purposeful with the podcasts I do choose to listen to.
One of those shows is not in the business category, although listening to it has definitely improved my results, my efficiency and my output as an entrepreneur. It's called The Model Health Show by Shawn Stevenson, who is our featured guest on today's session of the podcast!
Shawn is a bestselling author and his show has been featured as the #1 Nutrition and Fitness podcast on iTunes. He has a background in biology and kinesiology and founded the Advanced Integrative Health Alliance, a successful company that provides Wellness Services for both individuals and organizations worldwide. He recently took his practice online through his podcast and website, and has been featured on stage at TEDx, several different universities and numerous organizations with outstanding reviews.
What I love most about Shawn and his show is that he's incredibly passionate about helping people, and I have him on the show today to help us discover a few things we can do to maximize our output as entrepreneurs, and help us become our best selves and stay at the top of our game.
He recommends what to do, but also why.
These are things that don't require a dramatic lifestyle change. I've personally implemented a few of his strategies into my daily life and have seen incredible positive changes from it. That's why I listen, and if you want to become a great entrepreneur, this show will help you with information that isn't really talked about very much in this space.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
And lastly, if you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com—this bite-sized show has over 1.5 million downloads and counting!
Shawn is a bestselling author and his show has been featured as the #1 Nutrition and Fitness podcast on iTunes.
- How Shawn got into the world of podcasting and online business from his offline practice.
- My sleeping habits and why I'm personally making changes.
- Sleep as a “force multiplier”, and how you can use it to your advantage as an entrepreneur.
- The difference between doing work, and being effective.
- The science behind caffeine and when you should and should not have it.
- The easiest trick that is clinically proven to help you get the best sleep ever and wake up energized.
- How the electronics in your bedroom can cause major harm to your body and mind.
- Exercise, and when we should be doing it.
- Using the sun to help you become more productive, like a “walking plant”.
- The more powerful leverage point that we have to become our better selves.
- What “real food” is, and a test to help you figure it out.
- The truth about fat in our foods (and why it's actually good for you!)
- Plus a lot more!
- The Shawn Stevenson Model Website
- The Model Health Show Podcast (iTunes)
- The Model Health Show Podcast (Stitcher)
- 5 Health and Performance Tips for Entrepreneurs
- The Model Health Show, Episode 51 about Beating Cancer
- Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
- SPI Session #109 with Vinnie Totorich
- Shawn Stevenson on Twitter
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.