A few months ago, I added something new to my life: a morning routine. The results have been so dramatic that I had to share them with you all. That's what this week's episode is all about.
I put together this routine after interviewing Hal Elrod, author of The Miracle Morning in SPI Podcast Session #140, and after continually hearing other successful people rave about the power of their morning routine. They talked about how many aspects of their lives it transformed, from their productivity and focus to their health and personal life. I figured I had to give it a try.
To show how much my morning routine has changed my life for the better, I'm going to take you back in time—all the way to 2011, when I wrote a post on the Smart Passive Income Blog called “A Day in the Life of Pat.” I want you to hear what I did then, what I'm doing differently now, and how it's created more time in my life for the things that matter.
I hope this episode inspires you to make a change in your life, too, whether big or small. Who knows—maybe you'll be inspired to create a morning routine of your own! And this coming from a guy who for over the past 5-6 years started working later in the night, often until 2-3am.
Thanks for Listening!
Do you have a morning routine you'd like to share, or do you have some feedback on mine? Let me know in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks for joining me again this week. Until next time!
- A step-by-step rundown of my morning routine.
- Techniques for optimizing your sleep.
- Resources for making meditation a part of your life.
- Tools for effective journaling.
- Strategies for staying focused when it's time to work.
- A Singin' in the Rain beatbox tribute, and more!
- A Day in the Life of Pat (from 2011)
- SPI Podcast Session #140 with Hal Elrod
- The Miracle Morning [Amazon affiliate link]
- SPI Podcast Session #125 with Shawn Stevenson
- SPI TV
- Sleep Cycle
- Muse [Amazon affiliate link]
- The Tim Ferriss Show with Tony Robbins
- Entrepreneur on Fire: John Lee Dumas’ podcast
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.