Today's episode is a very special one, and it's just you and me. We're closing in on the end of the year, and there's a lot to talk about. This time is a great opportunity to reflect on the past year and what's to come for the year ahead. Hopefully you're already thinking about 2018 and the things you're going to try, what you're going to experiment with—but hopefully this episode inspires you to go even further, to be vulnerable, and to be courageous.
This episode is a little bit of an experiment (because that's what I do here)—I really wanted to switch up the normal episode format with this one. And experimentation is one of the big takeaways: It isn't easy, and often we don't know what the results are going to be. A lot of what we do is very public these days, because of social media, etc., and that can often lead to us retreating from the limelight. But change happens outside of the things we normally do, and to do those things we need to be vulnerable. If you're expecting different results by doing what you're already doing—stop!
I want you to commit to being vulnerable next year, and that's what this episode is all about. It's all about setting you up for what's to come in the year ahead. Of course, no matter when you're listening to this, these strategies and this mindset will always apply to you moving forward. Experience has always been my teacher, but sometimes you can learn from someone else's experience too, and that's where I come in.
So here we go. Let's get started. Get comfortable, grab a cup of coffee (or beverage of choice), and let's get our heads in the right place for 2018—now.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
- Why experimentation and vulnerability are crucial.
- The thought experiment I use whenever I make an important decision.
- What I think about when I think about 2017, and what my top wins were.
- Why online courses made such a huge difference for my audience in 2017.
- The biggest lesson I learned in 2017.
- Why it's so critical to get comfortable selling.
- How and why I'm diving into the YouTube space in 2018.
- My top goals for 2018.
- The changes I'm making with my content in 2018, and why.
- My top recommendations for conferences to attend in 2018.
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Brené Brown – The Power of Vulnerability
- SPI YouTube Channel
- AskPat Podcast
- Will It Fly? [Amazon affiliate link]
- BYOB (Build Your Own Brand)
- My Vlog
- Azul Terrones
- Born to Write Podcast
- I Lost My Voice Before My London Keynote
- Pat’s Book Club
- Social Media Marketing World Tickets
- Traffic & Conversion Summit
- SPI Facebook Group
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.