One of the best parts of my job is hearing from listeners about how the Smart Passive Income Podcast has helped them transform their careers. Today's guest is one of those listeners: She's Jess Catorc, a web designer who's built a successful business teaching fellow entrepreneurs how to build their own websites.
Jess grabbed my attention in an unconventional way: She sent me a personalized video that introduced her, her journey as a business owner, and how SPI has helped her along the way. I was floored by how quickly Jess has turned her passion—designing for the web—into a thriving business empire that includes online courses, a podcast, and a video series. I had to hear how she's done it.
In today's episode, not only will your hear the story of Jess's business journey, but you'll get her expert advice on building a website as well. She'll share her favorite platforms and tools, her tips on hosting and security, and the most common web design mistakes she sees entrepreneurs make. You'll also hear Jess's advice on articulating your personal brand and conveying it consistently across every channel—something every business owner should learn.
If you've got questions about improving your own website, listen in—Jess is offering up a host of tips you'll be able to put into action today.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Special thanks to Jess for joining me this week. Until next time!
Web designer and SPI listener Jess Catorc is here this week to share her web design tips for entrepreneurs, plus her own entrepreneurial journey to success.
- Web design advice for entrepreneurs, straight from a web designer.
- The biggest, most common mistakes entrepreneurs make with their websites.
- Tips for showing off your personality and personal brand through your website.
- Steps you can take immediately to secure your website.
- Expert advice on choosing WordPress themes, useful plugins, and hosting.
- Tips for maintaining brand continuity across all your media.
- The Smart Passive Income Podcast episodes that changed Jess's career.
- The three things I consider when choosing guests for this podcast.
- A free, DIY website mini-course from Jess, and more!
- Making the Entrepreneur
- Zippy Courses
- Design Seeds
- Manage WP
- Limit Login Attempts
- Google Authenticator
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode 145
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode 203
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode 110
- Jess’s Interview Request Video
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.