Being an entrepreneur isn't easy and there are always significant hurdles along the way. The biggest factor that will either help you or hold you back is what's going on in your own head—your mindset. That's why I invited Dr. Shannon Irvine onto the show today. We're about to dive into a special story—your story, the story you tell yourself. Depending how you tell it, that story will either make or break your entrepreneurial journey.
The story you tell yourself, that voice you hear in your head, can have a massive impact on the actions you take, or don't. And it's the way you respond to adversity—a failed course launch, an unsuccessful product—that can actually make the biggest difference. Unsurprisingly, it's after early failure that most people quit. So what do you do when you hit a wall? How do you get past it, and how do you create a mindset that shatters barriers, embraces learning, and leads to success?
Shannon has some of those answers for us today. She has a PhD in Psychology and specializes in neuro-plasticity and neuro-psychology—she applies her expertise in helping entrepreneurs pursue epic lives and businesses. Today she's teaching us how to move forward despite failure, what to do when you're feeling down, and how to rewrite your story and move toward success.
Adversity is a constant in business; what changes is the mindset you bring to each challenge. Your mindset in business (and in life) is the most important asset that you have. This episode is critical for anyone who wants to wire their mindset for positivity and success. That should include you, so let's dive in!
You can also find Shannon on the Epic Success Podcast, an incredible show which shares actionable strategies and practical steps in life and business mastery. You can also get a free worksheet on the 4 R Process she mentions in the episode by visiting her website. Shannon is a dear friend and student of mine, and she was one of the original beta testers for my course, Power-Up Podcasting. She was last on the show in Session 275, talking about her experience as a brand-new podcaster—I'm so happy to see how much she's grown her business through podcasting!
In this episode I mention my book, Will It Fly? [Amazon affiliate link], which features several exercises at the beginning for helping you define what success means for your personal entrepreneurial journey.
I also mention my SPI Accelerator Program in this episode, a high-level mastermind group for online entrepreneurs. If you want to learn more about it, visit SPIAccelerator.com.
I've been doing a bunch of live webinars and free trainings recently, and I'd love to see you at the next one! If you want to see when the next training is, and also where I'm speaking next, go to SmartPassiveIncome.com/live. If you're looking for help on starting a podcast, how to do affiliate marketing, or even if you're starting a business from scratch, that's where to go. See you there!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Dr. Shannon Irvine for joining me this week. Until next time!
Dr. Shannon Irvine
Learn how to rewrite the stories you create about yourself and develop a success-oriented mindset for your entrepreneurial journey.
- Dr. Irvine's number one tip for transitioning from offline to online business.
- Why it's crucial to slow down in order to grow, and how to do that.
- How the stories we tell ourselves inform our subconsciousness, beliefs, actions, and success.
- How our brains work in relation to mindset, and how to train your brain for success.
- How to take your self-sabotaging beliefs outside of yourself and confront them.
- Why the thinking that got you “here” won't get you “there.”
- How to turn off your brain's autopilot and become the entrepreneur you want to be, now.
- What to do when you get derailed in your entrepreneurial journey, and more!
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Epic Success Podcast
- Session 275 of the Smart Passive Income Podcast
- Will It Fly? by Pat Flynn [Amazon affiliate link]
- SPI Accelerator Program
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill [Amazon affiliate link]
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker [Amazon affiliate link]
- SPI Live: Free Webinars with Pat!
- The 4 R Process