When it comes to gift-giving, are you still abiding by the age-old saying, “It's the thought that counts”? Today's guest is about to prove you wrong in the best way possible. Joining me for this episode is professional giver John Ruhlin, who's built a career out of helping others give better gifts.
John is the founder of Ruhlin Group, a “gift strategy” firm that teaches clients how to ditch the fruit basket and build lasting business relationships through generosity. John is also the author of Giftology, a handbook packed with strategies for becoming a better gift-giver. His radical generosity has transformed his career and business relationships. Today, he'll tell you how.
I'm floored by John's skill for giving meaningful, memorable gifts. It's a superpower more of us entrepreneurs need and a powerful way to foster real connection in your industry. If you're curious how John gives unforgettable gifts without breaking the bank, listen in—you won't be disappointed.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Special thanks to John for joining me this week. Until next time!
Today's guest is a professional gift-giver who has built a career teaching others how to give better gifts.
- How John bootstrapped his way to becoming a professional gift-giver.
- How intentional gift-giving can transform your business relationships and reputation as an entrepreneur.
- Strategies and secrets to giving thoughtful, memorable gifts.
- How to capture a new contact's attention by giving them a gift.
- The importance of considering not just your high profile gift receiver, but their loved ones as well.
- Why you don't need a ton of money to give great gifts.
- Why John tells his clients not to give gifts at Christmastime.
- How John got the attention of a CEO simply by handing him a business card.
- A free resource for learning what NOT to give, and more!
Enter code “SPI” to get double commissions through the FreshBooks Affiliate Program, now through April 30!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.