Online business owners often say that you can build a successful business in any niche—even “in knitting,” as the cliché goes. Well, today's guest proves it can be done: She's built a booming online business creating totally awesome knitting patterns, and she's here to tell us how it's done.
Lauren creates custom knitting patterns and earns a passive income selling them through her website, Girly Knits. Thanks to smart strategy, some clever branding, and one very successful owl hat, Lauren has carved out a unique place in her niche and turned a profit doing what she loves most. (She even scored a spot on a reality TV show for knitting all-stars—and won!)
Lauren's story is proof that with the right strategy, any passion can become a profitable online business. Tune in to hear her straightforward approach to branding her business, building her audience across multiple social channels, and navigating the challenges of working from home.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Special thanks to Lauren for joining me this week. Until next time!
Lauren from Girly Knits
Today's guest has built a booming online business creating totally awesome knitting patterns, and she's here to tell us how it's done.
- The platforms and tools Lauren used to monetize her passion.
- How Lauren branded her business to stand out in her niche.
- When and how Lauren made her first profit from Girly Knits.
- Why Lauren chose to be a visible part of her online brand.
- How to give your best stuff away for free and still make money.
- Why Lauren chose to keep her part-time job while building her business from home.
- The challenges and obstacles Lauren still faces as an online business owner.
- The book that changed Lauren's career, and more!
Use code “SPI” for 30 days free!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.