The road to beginning a successful online business is full of hard lessons. I'm kicking off the new year with a story about learning, making mistakes, and succeeding anyway. I'm sitting down with the founders of Hmong Baby, a couple who, after experimentation and validation, were able to have enormous success with their products. Welcome to 2018!
Hmong Baby is a brand that helps bring the Hmong culture together, spreading and preserving that culture by teaching kids about it. They started out with flashcards, and they recently launched their first board book. Awesome!
I'm super stoked to introduce Mykou and Touger to you. They're going to talk about how they got started with this business, why, after a number of failures, they landed on this idea, and what inspired them. They're sharing the ideas behind some of their recent launches and campaigns, what apps they used to boost their success, and more. This might give you some ideas of possibilities for expanding your business and growing your brand, so listen close. I'm so excited to kick off the new year with you—let's get started!
I've got a couple of quick announcements today too:
The machine of SPI has been well-oiled and running smoothly for the past couple years, but I know that in order to grow you need to be proactive, not reactive. This year's theme is Higher Value, and we're going to shake things up a bit. I'm going to dive deeper with the questions I ask, to find out what helps people find success, or to help them through my coaching process, or teach you something more in-depth if I'm doing a solo episode.
The AskPat Podcast will be changing format when it comes back in February, going from a daily show (five days a week) to a weekly coaching call so that I can get more specific, one on one, with my guests. Learn more by listening to AskPat Episode 1000, or by visiting AskPat.com, where you can apply to be on an AskPat 2.0 coaching call!
I'm also boosting my presence in the YouTube space. Why? (Besides the fact that there are people in that space who I'd like to reach.) The people on YouTube who are teaching similar things that I teach . . . I don't like the way they do it. I don't like the way they teach, the way they bait people into paying for the information they need. Somebody needs to step in and teach the information freely so that people can get some quick wins down before they realize that they need to invest time and money into their businesses. I want to go in and be the top search result for things like “passive income,” “how to build a business,” and “how to work from home.” Head over to SmartPassiveIncome.com/youtube to subscribe. I'm going to be launching five videos a week, starting in February. See you there!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Mykou and Touger for joining me this week. Until next time!
Mykou and Touger Thao
Learn the origins of Hmong Baby, why Mykou and Touger founded it after previous ventures didn't go according to plan, and what they've learned after marketing and launching their successful board book.
- Website: Hmong Baby
- How Hmong Baby got its start.
- How the Will It Fly? method of pre-selling helped Hmong Baby cement success.
- What made Hmong Baby click after other ventures didn't pan out.
- The simple way Hmong Baby started: without a landing page or website!
- How a giveaway campaign to boost Hmong Baby's email list went wrong.
- How a single Facebook video saved Hmong Baby's ecommerce launch.
- How ManyChat and Facebook Messenger boosted Hmong Baby's success.
- How Mykou and Touger built a launch team for the first Hmong Baby board book.
- How my BYOB course inspired Mykou and Touger to create Launchology.net.
- What's next for Hmong Baby, and more!
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- The AskPat Podcast
- SPI YouTube Channel
- Subscribe to the SPI YouTube Channel
- Hmong Baby
- BYOB (Build Your Own Brand)
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.