My guest today is Brett Miller, an inspiring entrepreneur who left a comfortable job to build a one-of-a-kind product called Brik Book.
It might not surprise you to hear that me and my son are big fans of LEGO. So when I heard the buzz about Brett's LEGO-compatible, customizable laptop case, I had to know more. I've invited Brett on the show today to learn how he validated, manufactured, and promoted his wildly successful product.
Building a physical product—as opposed to a digital one—comes with a unique set of challenges. Creators like Brett have to contend with testing, fulfillment, communicating with manufacturers, and responding to customer demand. Brett gets into all that and more, outlining what entrepreneurs can expect when they set out to make their dream product a reality. You'll hear the strategies and software he's used to get Brik Book out into the world, plus his experiences using platforms like Kickstarter and Shopify.
Tune in to hear more!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Special thanks to Brett for joining me this week. Until next time!
My guest today is Brett Miller, the creator of Brik Book.
- How Brett left his six-figure day job to create Brik Book.
- How an idea for a physical product becomes a reality.
- How Brett validated his business idea with Kickstarter.
- Challenges to validating products through Kickstarter.
- Resources for handling fulfillment of your physical products.
- Costs you can expect when manufacturing, testing, and validating your products.
- Strategies for attracting press to your product launch.
- Tips for outsourcing your manufacturing overseas.
- A Brik Book surprise just for SPI listeners, and more!
30-day free trial!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.