This month I'm exploring all things crowdfunding. How do you validate and fine-tune your project? What's the best way to go big with a Kickstarter campaign, not only to earn income, but for exposure as well? What mistakes do failed campaigns make and how can you avoid them? Here to answer those questions and more is crowdfunding expert Clay Hebert.
If you're anything like me, you're intrigued by the world of possibilities that a Kickstarter, or other crowdfunding campaign can open. Massive exposure, a thriving audience, complete funding for your product or project—these are just some of the draws. But it can be a murky process to navigate, and the decisions you make before you even launch can make or break your campaign. That's why we have Clay with us today.
Clay Hebert has helped over 200 crowdfunding campaigns to succeed and today he's breaking down his top tips for building a successful campaign. You'll learn how to determine your funding goal, how to build giving tiers, what makes a crowdfunding video stand out, and the biggest mistakes most crowdfunders make. This episode is full of golden advice, whether you launch on Kickstarter or another crowdfunding platform, so listen carefully, and enjoy!
Clay and I will be hosting a crowdfunding webinar together, where I'll also be poking his brain about my own Kickstarter campaign for a physical product I'm coming out with. Check that out at ClayandPat.com.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Clay for joining me this week. Until next time!
Listen to crowdfunding expert Clay Hebert as he reveals his best advice for validating and building a successful crowdfunding campaign.
- Why Clay says crowdfunding is the way to go.
- Clay's checklist for validating if a project is a good fit for Kickstarter.
- How to define your tribes and sub-tribes before you even launch.
- What your Kickstarter funding goal should be.
- The biggest crowdfunding campaign mistakes.
- Clay's top tips for building giving tiers (perks) for your campaign.
- When (and when not) to offer t-shirts as a reward.
- Clay's advice for creating your campaign video, and more!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.