I want you all to meet Cassidy Tuttle. She's the founder of Succulents and Sunshine, a thriving online business that has earned her six figures and grown to include a popular blog, a book, online courses, and more. She's done it all while operating in a relatively obscure niche—teaching others to raise succulent plants—and she's here today to share her story.
When Cassidy first began raising succulents, it was purely a side project, which she documented on her blog. To her surprise, her gardening experiments ignited an under-served niche. She soon expanded her website to include a series of ebooks and two online courses, which led to a book deal with the publishers of the Idiot's Guide series.
In this episode, you'll hear how Cassidy continues to serve her audience with fresh, valuable content and resources year after year. You'll hear her honest account of writing a book in three months, and why her transparency helps her stand out in her niche.
I'm such a fan of Cassidy's story—how she saw an opportunity to start an online business, seized it, and turned it into a thriving source of income. No matter your passion, it's an inspiring example for anyone curious about doing business in a unique niche. Listen and enjoy!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Cassidy for joining me this week. Until next time!
- How Cassidy turned her love of succulents into a thriving online business.
- How Cassidy uses her superpower, her “unfair advantage,” to stand out in her niche.
- Advice for unearthing new, valuable content topics after years of blogging.
- Pinterest strategies for driving traffic to your blog.
- How writing a book impacted Cassidy's online business.
- Why transparency and experimentation remain an important part of Cassidy's approach to business.
- The surprising story behind how I met Cassidy, and more!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.